tuscl

Detroit City Strip Club Ordinance

In case anyone misses my comment regarding what happened in downtown, I'm providing a link to the ordinance should you want to read it and learn more or to gain a better understanding. It's a lengthy read, but it explains the various things customers, entertainers, staff, and clubs can receive a ticket(s) for.

https://library.municode.com/mi/detroit/…

13 comments

• shailynn
    7 years ago
    Rei, thanks for taking the time to post this.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Thanks for the link. The ordinance is clearly designed to turn strip clubs into no-fun zones.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    most city ordinances are designed to do one of two things:
    1) Elicit a bribe
    2) Force the organization out of business

The type of business is irrelevant, the city officials want money. If you pay the bribe they get money and if you go out of business they will simply get a federal grant to tear down the building for many times the actual cost so they get money.
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    I will dump a load on Detroit city council
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    The rules seem arbitrary. They specify what type of fun adults can have in cold, bureaucratic language. Even coin operated games must comply with the rules. I mean, if two adults want to rub their crotches together, why should the government monitor and control that activity ?

In the end, I think it's about power, control, and virtue signaling. Look how we bureaucrats are protecting the morally superior citizens from people who don't grind crotches according to the designated rules !
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    This happens every so often here. Back in the early 90's Detroit government cracked down hard and killed the strip club business. It was a golden era for clubbing. The clubs came back. A few years later, a new ordinance brought the 6 foot rule and clubs suffered, they came back. This is politics as usual in an election year, plus with the new hockey arena staging both hockey and basketball, the Detroit Pistons return from the suburbs, government wants a family experience downtown. Thanks, your honor. As if you haven't clubbed in the past. LOL
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ Believe it or not, the mayor now is actually a white guy.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    As predicted, fagboy Douchester/txtittydumbass aka the fake vm pisses and moans with his lies. Come to Detroit and meet his honor, the white man mayor. You crack us up for being so fucking stupid. Tell you what. We'll start a GoFund me account to bring you to Detwaa. Got to wonder what lame excuse he'll pull out of his AIDS infected ass this time. LMAO
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    Thank you for posting this, and all the information you shared about what has happened to the downtown clubs.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Never fear, s275, this will pass.
  • ReiDetroit
    7 years ago
    Absolutely. I've studied the ordinance and know a lot about it. I frequently post on TwoSheds and have worked all over metro Detroit as well; so I'm not a stranger to the scene. I lurk here often, but rarely post. I've known Nina for a long time and she and I share info between each other.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ Thanks for keeping people updated.

SJG

Techgnosis & Modern Esoterica: Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaos-Tt…
  • georgebailey
    7 years ago
    Part of the cause is the publics perception of what goes on in the clubs. Because it doesn't take much to stay under police radar. Keep a low profile.
    But when the clubs draw attention they create political problems, and during election years the city has to respond.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion