tuscl

OT Cavs trade Kyrie Irving to Celtics

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers and Celtics agreed on a trade to send four-time All-Star Kyrie Irving to rival Boston for two-time All-Star Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and a No. 1 draft pick next summer. Also some kid playing in Turkey that the Celtics held the rights to.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/…

I'm disappointed, Kyrie's ego got in the way because he didn't want to play second fiddle. He's still young and LeBron isn't going to be around forever, as a matter of fact Lebron could be gone by this time next year then Kyrie could be the leader that he wants to be.

I'm also leery about trading him to the rival that presents the biggest challenge to the Cavs in the Eastern Conference although the Cavs get a couple good players and a high draft pick in return.

It is what it is.

15 comments

• larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Good trade, both teams won. I'm surprised Cleveland was able to get all that for Kyrie.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I'll bet Isiah likes this move, it at least gives him a shot at a ring, which will be either GS property for a bit the only chance for any other team is to have LeBron on that team and hope he doesn't start to age
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Cavs needed a wing defender, and they got one in Crowder.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    The Cavs just robbed the bank in this deal. Icing on the cake is they got a 1st rounder from the Nets.

Think about this for a minute, they traded Kyrie to the team that gave them the most trouble in the east and had the best record in the east? No worries, Boston just took 3 steps back while the Cavs just took at least 1 step forward.
  • LecherousMonk
    7 years ago
    Cavs fan, and I love it. IT for Kyrie is a lateral trade, but we got Crouder and a potential 1st-overall pick. Cavs are taking the championship back this year. Bron is going nowhere.
  • magicrat
    7 years ago
    I agree with shailynn. Wonder how the Celtics players will react to standing around watching Kyrie dribbling for 20 seconds then forcing up a shot?
  • ButterMan
    7 years ago
    Seems like the cavs got the best of this trade considering the pick they got could be #1 overall.
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Right
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Celtics are going to be a threat to the Cavs this season.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    With all of the draft capital they've acquired the Celtics will be a threat to the NBA for years to come.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    after lebron leaves Cleveland it's gonna be Celtics and warriors in the finals every year.

lame.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Cavs return to the finals this year, but I not enough enough to stop the Warriors. Hopefully they can make it a 6 game series this year.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    The Celtics got used to Isaih dribbling the ball for 20 seconds and shooting. Isaih is 29; 5'9"; coming off his best season, but one in which he was often the only offensive choice; has a bad hip and wants a 5 year max deal. This was going to be a huge issue, which the celtics avoided since they were never signing him to a max deal simply because and injured, small, point guard who will be 35 when the deal ends isn't worth it. Crowder regressed last year, was useless in the playoffs, was outplayed in them by Jalen Brown and plays the same positions as , Hayward, Brown, Tatum and Smart. He and Zizic had to go because of the salary cap as well. We'll miss the pick but quality requires quality in return. Irving had a trade kicker, which he waived, so its obvious he is coming with a great attitude. Isiah glad? He is beyond angry. He bled celtic green and convinced Horford to come here. He is so angry he has yet to make a statement and on the radio yesterday Ainge wouldn't disclose what was said. Fair deal for both sides imo and the winner is the average NBA fan. Imagine real hatred between players.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Also Isaiah played a day after his sister died, and he played through a bunch of injuries. There is no loyalty in sports.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    How many players do the Cavs have under contract? It seems like they have half the league.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion