tuscl

Pipe smoking

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:37 PM
Any body smoke a pipe with tobacco in it? I can't recall ever seeing one in a strip club. I am an ex cigarette smoker but the smell of cigarettes or pot doesn't bother me but cigars smell like shit. On the other hand I always liked the smell of a pipe but personally they got too hot for my mouth.

6 comments

• Imamutt
    7 years ago
    Yes. I smoked a pie in college. Seriously, a legit tobacco pipe. Smoking wasn't allowed in class except in the art department, pipe smoking only was allowed by some instructors for some reason. A fraternity brother of mine makes custom tobacco pies, the long thin stem styles are popular in part because of the cooling effect, but also likely because the hipster crowd agrees that they look cool, no pun intended.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    My dad was a pipe smoker. The smell of pipe smoke to this day is nostalgic and one of my favorite smells. I tried to get into during college, but it just didn't do anything for me and wasn't worth all the setup. I dry heave at the smell of a stogie, and as an ex-cigarette smoker, I'm not huge fan of that smell on someone's clothes, but don't mind it while they are in the process of smoking. As a vaper now (yeah, I know, I'm a millenial douchebag), I almost always love the smell of someone's vape, but none match pipe tobacco.
  • TeoTommy
    7 years ago
    Samuel Gawith - Squadron Leader Rattray - Marlin Flake Sutliff - Maple Street Solani - Aged Burley Flake A good burl pipe is a thing to be treasured, but don't knock the cobb pipe.
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    Big pipe smoker here ... my "signature" ... I actually don't smoke tobacco on any other occasion than when I bring a tobacco-pipe into a strip club in order to smoke it there. But, it's a pain in the neck to carry all the stuff necessary for tobacco-pipe-smoking around, though, so I don't always bring 'em in. I generally want to know the layout of the club before-hand, whether a seat at a table is likely. If so, and I want to, then I'll carry a little purse / pouch thing with a fist-ful of maybe two flavors of tobacco, an extra pipe, a nicer pipe-lighter that probably has a built-in pipe-nail swiss-army-style, and some pipe-cleaners, plus my first pipe, already loaded and smoking, will be in between my teeth fuming away when I get there. Recently I've found it NOT worth the effort in cities where the jurisdiction bans smoking except out in the smokers'-patio type arrangement, because you'll be holding on to the pouch AND the first pipe with your hands for the rest of the night. Unless the club allows returns to the parking-lot to drop off the pipe and pipe stuff after you're done smoking, another thing I might like to find out before deciding whether or not to bring the pipe. Generally dancers like having a bit of a conversation-starter, and the smell f most of my tobaccos can be quite nice to them. But in some of the trashier places, the girls think it's cool to "steal" your pipe for a while, or yank it out of your teeth and stick it in their own mouths, all of which is simply inappropriate (you wouldn't do that with someone's drink, would you? or his cigarette?). So if the girls are all morons without any class (there is a certain allure to that type, you must admit ...) I (again) will choose not to bring the pipe(s) inside. Nice pipes are a pastime in themselves. It's like having a deck of cards with you. You play with it, have stuff to do whenever you WANT to do stuff with your hands, and generally can have a better smoke than anyone who just lives by RJR's dictates. Of course the hobby-side of it appealing, learning all about the types of wood, the shapes of pipe, the designs, the great living carvers, and all of the different types of tobacco, flavored, unflavored, Balkan, English, so forth. But also, the non-hobby side of it is rather appealing too -- the experience of SMOKING it is SO much better than smoking a cheap cigar or any cigarette I've ever had. YOU choose the elixir, and it's not mass-manufactured. For me, I can take or leave the pipe, 100% of the time; I started it mostly to kick an addiction which I noticed was starting up for cigarettes; and it worked just fine, I don't crave cigarettes at all any more. In fact, I haven't smoked my tobacco-pipe in about six months or a year. It's about the EXPERIENCE, not just the NICOTINE.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I've never smoked anything, not even a celebratory stogie. But my dad had a pipe when I was growing up. I remember pretending to smoke with it (nothing in it of course) when I was little.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    How well does pipe tobacco "travel"? E.g. if I wanted to keep a pipe, supplies, and the tobacco in my car all the time. I used to smoke cigars (I liked the flavored ones), but had no luck with portable humidors. The cigars would dry out if I had to leave them in my car too long.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion