tuscl

Questions about new format

MrDeuce
Illinois
Monday, May 22, 2017 4:58 PM
I'm not one to complain immediately about a change of format in this site, even though I'm averse to change for its own sake. I prefer to wait a few days for things to sort themselves out. But seriously: how do I find club reviews sorted by state? On my laptop, I can click on tabs immediately above "Top 40 Lists" and "Discussions" that take me to "Strip Club Reviews" and "Clubs With New Reviews", in both cases for today's date. But how do I find reviews for clubs in, say, Austin (where I am right now)??

47 comments

• TxVegas
    7 years ago
    I can click on the "Strip Club List" link at the top left of the screen on an ipad. From thee you can choose United States and then the particular state and city you desire.
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    The very first link should be Strip Club List. Click that and then countries and continents are listed. Hit the United States and you have a list of the states.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Mrduece... What browser are you using? Also, do you know what your screen resolution is?
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    I am using Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 on a Toshiba PC laptop. Screen resolution is 1366 x 768. I have found it odd since Friday that the featured club of the day takes up the bottom half of the screen. On the upper half I see only: Top 40 Lists . . . . . . . .Discussions Strip Club Articles . . . Add a Club Glossary . . . . . . . . . . .FAQ Apparently tabs above these are covered up. I also can't use Search.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Use chrome or Firefox and let me know how it looks
  • mjpenn07
    7 years ago
    Gotta say I miss the review quick view option. Really liked the just seeing the basic club info and submitter. It made it easy to quickly scan through and pick out the review to read in full.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    fuck. overall i prefer the old site. butt just the same i'll learn to use the new format. just please add my access to my comments list. thank you sir.
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    Where is the "search" function located? On the previous format, I used the "recent reviews" tab. I liked the fact that you could click a recent date and see a listing of all the reviews that had been published on that particular date. I could go back and "catch up" by seeing reviews that had been published yesterday, and the day before and back about a dozen days. In the new format, all I can see is reviews that have been published today. The reviews sorted by prior dates are not visible. This makes it much harder to keep up with recently posted reviews.
  • Pogues
    7 years ago
    Let's be honest. The new format sucks.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Quick view of reviews is back Pouges, let's be honest. Your criticism is unhelpful. Please de more specific.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Electroman, the links to other day's reviews are still there. Just scroll down. I will be enhancing the desktop view soon
  • sflguy123
    7 years ago
    It's getting better! The "recent reviews" tab is back and isn't cluttered with an unneccessary thumbnail. Just the club name, location, reviewer and the read review links are needed. BTW, it should default to "quick display". It's also easier to see how many reviews the current reviewer has posted to see if he's a 1 and done club ad.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Sflguy... It will default to whatever you leave it as. It's stored in a cookie in your browser.
  • bvino
    7 years ago
    Since it appears that The Founder is reading this discussion let me say that i am using Firfox and it works alot better. i have learned so much trough this site and a lot of it is not about strip clubs. Nothing like a forced education.
  • ellocohombre
    7 years ago
    Can't find my profile page where is it. Also my password reverted back to password I was given when I signed up 3 years ago. How do I change that if I can't find my profile page. I am on mobile using Android.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    @elchollo... Look at the settings options in the menu. You can change your password there
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    No luck seeing reviews from prior days on the "recent reviews" tab. All I'm getting is the reviews for the current date and scrolling down does not reveal any additional dates. I'm using Chrome on a Mac laptop.
  • jmiddle30234
    7 years ago
    Recent reviews for the day before are not available on I phone
  • rockie
    7 years ago
    I miss the ability to follow a members posts (within their profile). Founder: Is this a temporary situation, or just a decision that it's not worth the effort to produce it going forward?
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Electroman, what screen resolution are you using? Jmiddle...there should be a list of dates you can click on Rockie, you can see a user's posts from thier profile page. Just click on the circle with the number of posts
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Perhaps I'm missing something in translation: 1) when clicking on a member's profile, there is an option to view a member's discussions but not the member's comments (which I think is what others are referring to) 2) w/ the previous layout it seemed one could view the previous days' reviews even if no reviews had been published for the current day - i.e. if I want to look at yesterday's reviews but no reviews have been published today, then I'm SOL (the case now but not previously) - I've only verified this on Android ph
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    BTW Founder - you've done a great job of improving the new layout in quick order and I find it a lot more functional now. If we've been giving you too-much smack it's b/c we have a high-bar for you!
  • founder
    7 years ago
    thanks for the clarification papi. I will fix the recent review bug. There is still no comments link on the profile page. I will get that back soon.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Thanks to Founder here. I am using Foxfire. The "more discussions" has been moved to the right of the screen, rather than being under the post box. When it was under the post box, I feel that it made it harder to find the post box, while not actually being that useful. So good. But I also think that we need on people's profiles a way to see the list of their recent posts, including our own. This is where I usually would go first. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I do feel that the post volume is much lower than it used to be, and that this must be because some are not yet used to the new software. SJG
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    Page load times are definitely longer. I could attribute the longer load time for the discussion list to the fact that there are more than double the number of threads in each page, but loading a single thread is noticeably longer as well.
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    Thanks for the improvements. I can now see club reviews posted by date. I can also select a quick view (just a listing of the clubs with a review on a specific date; if you click on a club that has a review, it opens the club web page with its most recent review). I really like this feature as it helps me sort through clubs that I follow for recent reviews. You do have two tabs that seem to go to the same place, recent reviews and new reviews. Otherwise, thanks for making improvements in the functionality of the new format.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Has anyone had issues w/ the text-box on mobile - in my Android if I go back to a previous part in the text to correct a typo then try to continue typing where I had left off it seems my cursor jumps back to somewhere in the middle of the text vs continuing to type where I left off (good chance it's just my cheap ph).
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    The search function going away is tragic.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Papi, I had a similar problem (cursor jumped to an earlier portion of my text after pasting a new quote to the TiredTraveler thread). It did that two times before I decided to just type the response in MS Word instead. I was using the desktop version (Firefox on macOS).
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah - the TUSCL search function seemed more efficient than using Google
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    The pop up box for posting makes it impossible to cut and past from the current screen. "We have articles too!" Above I say is good, capitalized because it ends in an exclamation point. "The leader in discussing hypothetical situations." You don't normally use periods in titling. I would say -> "the leader in discussing hypothetical situations" SJG 8 dead in Mississippi shooting rampage. ( I spelled Mississippi correctly without computer assistance. [view link] Bread! Peace! Land! even more exciting than the French [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    "Where everyone knows your name, er, alias." -> "where everyone knows your name, er, alias" "Where cumming in your pants is celebrated." -> "where cumming in your pants is celebrated" "Where creating 1,000 different threads asking about OTC is alright alright alright" -> "where creating a thousand different threads asking about OTC is expected" "Where you go from amateur to pro in the strip-club game." -> "where you go from amateur to pro in the strip club game" "Where 4 out of 5 posts are from a juice alias." -> "where 4 out of 5 posts are from a Juice alias" Juice is a nickname, hence a proper noun. Computer message standards do deviate from the more general and established usage standards. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Maybe I logged myself off by mistake; but it seems I have gotten logged off while using TUSCL twice tonight and on one occasion I lost a lengthy PM I had written and had to rewrite it.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Bear with us... Most issues will be fixed in due time
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Seems "Update Club Details" feature is now called "Suggest Edit" - but when I click on it nothing happens (Windows laptop w/ Chrome)
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    You are correct. Nothing happens for me either. Windows desk top using chrome.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Thanks... Just fixed it
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Thanks. An additional minor thing. The review quick-view is separated into rectangles and it seems one can scroll within the rectangle - this is bothersome when one is scrolling on a smartphone and is trying to scroll down the screen but get caught scrolling within the rectangle of a particular club listing - and IMO being able to scroll within a rectangle (a club listing in quick-view) does not serve any purpose.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Can the Browse nearby clubs default to the zip code or city of the club last looked at or ask for a city or club for nearby? I keep getting a message User denied geolocation on my iPad. I'm not always wanting to know nearby clubs from my actual location but nearby clubs from clubs I'm planning on visiting in another city or area. I thought it used to default to nearby clubs for the club review you were looking at Example while looking at myrtle beach clubs, other nearby clubs would be near myrtle beach, not western South Carolina or wherever I may be at.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Sharkhunter... you need to allow location access on your iPad browser
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I'll look for it again.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I had to click on privacy settings, safari, and allow apps to see my location when asked but that works for nearby clubs based on your actual location. If I zoom out on the google map feature and zoom back in, then I can see clubs in a different area. Just saying in case anyone else wonders.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    @ sharkhunter: Have you actually ever hunted a shark?
  • founder
    7 years ago
    You can click the map anywhere to see clubs in that area
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Papi, no. I posted an article a long time ago saying dancers in one big club reminded me of a bunch of circling sharks and then they would all pounce on whomever looked liked the tastiest meat if they smelled blood or money. I have been in the same water as sharks but haven't hunted them. Founder, thanks, I see that now that I turned on my location for apps. I'm not sure if I want to keep it on since our government can track all that along with whomever has my internet data.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Once I log in on my Android ph, I subsequently don't see the "logout" menu option (I don't have this issue on my Win Laptop) - could be my personal ph setup - anyone else have this issue?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion