tuscl

Basketball

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Let's all take a break from politics business and watch the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Boston Celtics game. Tip off in about 25 minutes afterwards we can grab our favorite strippers by the pussy.

52 comments

• chessmaster
    7 years ago
    I'll watch until the result is no longer in question. That could be the first half.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    "afterwards we can grab our favorite strippers by the pussy"

Sounds good to me. I'm gonna start texting my favorites right now to see who wants to play.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    "afterwards we can grab our favorite strippers by the pussy"

Sounds good to me. I'm gonna start texting my favorites right now to see who wants to play.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @chessmaster you ready to check out ?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^yup!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I think these games are just teasers the real games will be played between the Cavs and the Warriors and it will prove to be epic
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Looks like a blowout.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    It's not even debatable. LeBron is the GOAT!!!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    63 Cleveland 24 Boston not even the end of the first half I bet Lue takes LeBron out early to keep him from wearing down.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    @flagooner - well, you are right that the G.O.A.T basketball player conversation is not debatable. However, people get it all wrong when they start out the discussion sd Lebron vs. MJ. It's neither. It's Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^what? you mean Kareem vs Jordan right?
  • etsutwigg222
    7 years ago
    Well the game is a blowout so I just buried my face in her DD's. Hopefully the blowing is going to continue tonight.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    It so hard to nail down the GOAT through the different eras remember tha game has evolved skills change hell Bill Russel at on point was a god before him Bob Cousy. Right now LeBron James is the guy who denies all of those other guys a shot at a championship , Micheal Jordan was so good in his era tha Chicago was unstoppable for years , LeBron is the guy who prevented the Warriors from getting the Shiny rings last year so as you see the GOAT is a hard thing to nail down but you can say and I'd agree that it's not really up for debate tha LeBron James is the greatest basketball player of his time That's my take on it
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Anybody think the Cavs can score 150 points tonight.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    IMO, Kareem is the greatest. MJ vs. KAJ is the more rational conversation that Lebron should not yet be involved in. What hurts MJ in that debate is the successful longetivity Kareem had over him (though MJ folks will argue against Kareem because his Showtime Lakers crew >>>>>>>> MJ's Bulls and Wizards supporting cast, a fair point). If Lebron continues going strong in his final, older years, he may end up taking the debatable crown.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Kareem is an all time great(and still all time leading scorer if I'm not mistaken) but Jordan was an all time winner and competitor. only reason bill isn't the goat IMO is a lack of competition.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    Kareem won more than MJ in high school, college and the pros. Epitome of all time winner at every level, which is why rules were made to try to stop him. MJ has him beat for scoring titles, but Kareem has him beat for all time scoring, all star games and MVPs.

Bill Russell's 11 rings in like 13 seasons or something like that is still ridiculous regardless of the competition.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Nope. LeBron is the best. No debate.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    I love Kareem, but cmon he wasn't even the best player on his own team (Magic). MJ is the G.O.A.T as of right now, but obviously LeBron is chasing him. Let's see LeBron's resume when he retires. As of right now LeBron has half as many rings as MJ, and LeBron has lost 4 finals, MJ lost ZERO finals.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    a21985, Kareem was a winner until Jordan started his molding his legacy as the goat. also as mentioned above, later in his career Kareem wasn't even the best guy on his team.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    It was the Pistons who finally wore down the Showtime Lakers and ended their dynasty, not Jordan. And prior to Magic, Kareem won 6 MVPs in 10 years, and after Magic, still made the All-Star game every single year. That was mind you while he was in his late 30s/early 40s, and he consistently dominated in the plyoffs, including easily winning finals MVP at the age of 38.

If you look at his insane domination of the NBA in the 70s and then his longevity even as he got much older while bigger, stronger and more athletic players, it's pretty hard to deny his entire body of work (even more so when include that he lost only 2 games in high school and still owned the NCAAs after they outlawed dunking to stop him). Even MJ was quite stoppable and not a winner when he played later in his career.

I get this always going to be a debate, and from now forward people are going to say its just between MJ vs. Lebron, I just think it's a damn shame that so many people leave out Lew Alcindor who rightfully as an equally legitimate claim to the crown.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @a21985 Lou Alcindor is Kareem Abdul Jabbar the schoolboy basketball player from Boys High Bronx NY
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    @25 I know, its Lew, not Lou, and I use his pre and post muslim conversion names interchangeably just I do with Muhammed Ali and Cassius Clay.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Nope. It's LeBron
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Let's not forget Larry Bird who physically was not as dominating as any of the above mentioned but controlled the flow of the game similar to LeBron and spread the ball around making his teammates better scorers
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    As someone who grew up a Pistons fan during the Bad Boys era, I'll never admit to Bird being a part of the Greatest Player debate.

This article I found on the opinions of NBA greats on this topic gave some good perspective: http://otaviopinto.com/index.php/2015/11…

A lot of Jordans, a heavy dose of Kareem, a sprinkling of others...and Meadowlark Lemon.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Meadowlark Lemon and the Harlem Globetrotters used to be great fun the never failed to get a smile from me, anybody know if the Globetroters are still around.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Tonight at 8:30 we will see LeBron take over another game plus if the Celtics don't win the final game will be on Tuesday then we can watch the real games which I think the Cavs will win.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    It's on !!!!!!
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^and it's over already!!!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    It's deja vu all over again!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Boston came alive and seem to be trying to make it a contest !
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I hope you didn't give up on this game.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    It reminds me of the Donald's victory over Hillary. Hopefully they can close the deal like he did.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Wow just wow!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Ditto
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    Even when the Cavs were up by 16-18 points early on i had a bad feeling about this game. Two things came into play.
    1, the Cavs have a bad track record when they play teams that are missing their best player. Thomas didn't play for Boston.
    2, after the previous blowout the Cavs seemed over confident, Cleveland teams should never be over confident because the Cleveland Curse is always waiting in the wings to trip them up.
    The Cavs had it and should have won it but they let it get away from them and Boston wanted it more. I hope it's a wake up call for the rest of the playoffs.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    After the next game I'll tell you why I knew it would end up the way it did.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Starting sloppy can LeBron redeem himself or are the Celtics going to give the Cavs a run for their money ?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    calling it now Boston pushes Cleveland 7 games.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Who's watching tonight ? Anyone besides Chess betting on Boston ?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @flagooner you were supposed to tell us why you knew Cleveland was going to lose. And don't tell us that little fishy was sitting courtside.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago

Even when the Celtics won game 3 and game 4 was hard fought, I knew the Cavs would go up by more than 20 points in the first half of game 4. Two things came into play.
    1, LeBron has never lost game 5 when leading a 7-game series 3-1.
    2, The team with better players tends to score more points.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Well now #2 is obvious, so that makes you Lieutenant Obvious, notice I field promoted you from Captain .
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    I will release my SJG eating lions during halftime of the game.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    That would be a demotion
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    Kareem by a landslide over Michael Jordan.

Why? Defense, which Michael Jordan left to his 4 teammates.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    As seen in the previous comments GOAT is very subjective. There were lots of great players over the years and one day someone else will come along that will enter the conversation and be considered the GOAT.

Go CAVS!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Nope. Not subjective. LeBron is the GOAT. No debate.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    you're all rong. Jordan is the goat. lebron is behind Kobe but would surpass Kobe and be on mj's level if he does the impossible. btw, superteams =whack.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Did wetwilly just say Jordan leaves defense to his other four teammates?? LMAO. Jordan has won defensive player of the year, been 1st team all defense a bunch of times, but yeah he doesn't play defense. Sounds like a great take to me lol.

LeBron is not on MJ's level, but today is not the day to be bashing LeBron. LeBron just passed MJ in playoff career points, and while it took LeBron 30+ more games than Jordan to get there, it took Jordan 100+ shots than Jordan to get there. Instead of always comparing LeBron to MJ we should celebrate LeBron for what a all time great player he is. The NBA won't be the same once he retires.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Nope. LeBron = GOAT
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion