tuscl

Uber and the hood ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Friday, March 31, 2017 2:04 PM
I have actually never used Uber. Does anyone know if Uber may not service certain areas in the hood (since some of the small black clubs I hit are in the hood) - or if service may be hard to get b/c some/many drivers may turn down those fairs - anyone had issues w/ Uber in certain areas/bad-areas?

6 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ fairs was supposed to be fares :)
  • Dlee305
    7 years ago
    I took an Uber from Liberty City to The Body multiple times before I was able to buy a car.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Cool - I didn't wanna get stranded in a club b/c they wouldn't pick me up.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Probably the best way to tell is to open the Uber app at a place you would go anyway and look for nearby cars on the map. Drivers lose points on their star rating for declining a fare, and if it drops too low are removed from Uber. So, if there are cars in/near that hood, they are most likely going to pick you up. There is a level of safety for the drivers in that Uber has your credit card info, GPS tracks the whole ride, and riders have a running star rating, too. I have never had trouble being picked up anywhere except in small markets where all the drivers have signed out for the night and gone home shortly after regular bar closing time.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Yeah in certain small towns there may be nobody awake in the middle of the night but other than that I don't think they would avoid certain areas.
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    Depends if anyone is in that hood. In NY, no hood goes unnoticed. Hell, that's the best time to grab an uber
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion