tuscl

Rap influence on strip club/strippers.

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:55 AM
Not really sure how this happened hopefully someone has some insight. I have wondered about the connection between rap music and strip club and strippers. My club is probably 80% rap music a night. I know some groups in rock have done some stripper themed songs like cherry pie etc but seems to be overall rap is the main genre of strip clubs and strippers. Anyone know whats up with this trend?

14 comments

• TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    Current society. Not just strippers but many people especially city people get a big dose of rap daily on the radio etc. and most young people have been listening to it for years so when dancers that grew up hearing it choose a song for their routine they choose what they know.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Something like every fourth word in a rap song is required to be about strippers or strip clubs so it makes sense that they go together. The other words must be about drugs, hoes, or patron.
  • poledancer83
    7 years ago
    I guess that's a good point if I remember my audition song was girls girls girls at my first club. but I did grow up listening to that kinda music. I never even liked rap until I started working in the club then it kinda grows on you.
  • MilaniCashhh
    7 years ago
    Rappers and strippers just go hand in hand. Misunderstood stigmatized groups of people. Also, back in the day Rappers that forged the path such as biggie smalls, NWA,Tupac were hustler. They spent time in strip clubs hustling, but in a different way. Connections were made and impressions that stretch back to the 70s. Nowadays, the shit rap music that plays in strip clubs is really just easy catchy dance music with bad rap tracks laid over it. Rap industry glorifies strippers and that's why it goes hand in hand..rappers make music for us. Those are my thoughts.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    Could it be because rap music traditionally has lyrics that deride and objectify women. Many rap lyrics make women out to be nothing but "Ho's".
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    ATL might have helped play a role. I think Atlanta strip clubs were a proving ground young R&B and rap artists. Maybe due to being in the South and them not having other outlets, who knows. Plus SC owners and dancers don't exactly ask questions when a customer spends a large amount of cash, unlike other businesses, but that is just a guess on my part.
  • poledancer83
    7 years ago
    Rap is objectifying women no doubt but also female artist have wrote some pretty wild lyrics that don't help either. I also remember the days of rap artist frequenting strip clubs but I think a lot of rocker types would have been around them also. ATL is a good point a lot of club and rapper friendships from what ive heard
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Aren't wrappers standard supplies for a stripper?
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Like johnsmith said a lot of rap music is about strippers and strip clubs nowadays.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    It's the most popular form of music for this generation - it's "what's in" - most strippers are in their 20s so that is the kind of music many are into and like to dance to - the beat also seems conducive to dancing
  • Aravas
    7 years ago
    Bitches can dances better to it with there asses
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    A lot of rap music is tested out in strip clubs. If the strippers like it, then it's likely to be a hit. Also like a comedian said, some rappers are making music exclusively for the purpose of strippers dancing to it. Think of music as waves hitting a beach. All waves are water, but not all waves are good for surfing. If you are a surfer, you want a wave that is meant to surf on.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Rap has definitely crossed over. That said, every single higher-end -- and even not-so-higher-end -- club I've been to in the past few years either does not play rap at all, or only plays pop-hip-hop (Drake, etc) plus rap songs about strippers
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    This is specifically for you 25. As America becomes more diverse, i.e. stupid, fucking ignorant lowlifes,it is unsurprising that stupid, fucking ignorant lowlife music like rap becomes more popular.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion