tuscl

New Strip Club Black Magic Is Giving Away a Quarter-Pound of Weed

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Do you like to smoke pot — but hate having to hide your habit from the long arm of the law?

The new "urban" gentleman's club opening next weekend, Black Magic (213 Madison Street, Brooklyn, Illinois), is ready to make all your mary jane dreams come true. Over the two nights of its opening weekend, October 28 and 29, they're giving away two packages perfect for local potheads.

Each package includes airfare to Colorado for two people, a two-night hotel stay and a gift certificate for a marijuana dispensary worth $200 — enough to buy an ounce for each day of your visit.

Is that legal? Well, yes, says Rich Westerheide, the club's area director. "All we're doing is giving away a trip to Colorado and gift certificates. They don't have to buy pot. They can buy T-shirts for all I care." Riiight, but what kind of idiot would do that?

The club, which is replacing P.T.'s Classic, aims to cultivate an upscale vibe for older customers — and by that they mean men in their late 20s and early 30s. "I don't think there's anything like that in Brooklyn per se," says Charles "Super Nupe" Chandler, the club's general manager. "We're catering to people who like hip-hop and R&B."

And, apparently, some good old-fashioned ganja.

No purchase is necessary to win. The only catch is that you have to be present when they're choosing a winner — and they're making the selection at the club each weekend night at 4 a.m.

So, the good news is you could win a pot-fueled weekend getaway. The bad news is you kill some time at the club and watch a few strippers working it to do so. How's that song go about a hard-knock life?

9 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Sound like some morons running that club - they equate "upscale" w/ promoting weed, how "sophisticated" - and equate an "older crowd" as people in their 20s and 30s - at best it'll probably be one of those more style than substance party-clubs - guess time will tell how it does
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Does JS69 have his flight booked?
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    This is pretty sad. PT's Brooklyn was a strange club, but always a fun club. I will not bother going to the new urban club, but can understand the decision to make it one since Brooklyn, IL is 100% African-American town and the club needed a makeover.

Here is JustinTolook''s review/eulogy for PT's Brooklyn:

"This is not so much a review as it is an eulogy. PT's Classic is no more. The club has been closed. RFTimes states it will reopen around Halloween as an "urban" club called Black Magic. This means it will be competing with Pink Slip & Bottoms Up as there will be 3 AA clubs all in the same block. Roxy's being surrounded by AA clubs will likely dry up and die now. Too bad. Historically, PT's was mixed 50/50, Roxy's predominately white, and PS & BU were AA. Nothing wrong with variety. I hate to see the strip club scene in East STL slowly going through it's death throes. I remember the good times from just 3 - 5 years ago. Now I will have to schedule more trips to South FL to get my fix."
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    $10 JS69 Shows Up!!!!!
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I do appreciate the club's effort at creative marketing. But I will not be there. I just got back from Denver recently, so I'm all set for weed. And $200 wouldn't go far. I spent over $2.5 K on weed on my last trip. I also don't visit black clubs without Papi as my guide.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I'll be there, free dope is too hard to resist. I can always get dancers high and have my way with them. LOL
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Juice will be there if it's quarter pounders with cheese.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    ESL was becoming a shit hole anyways. There is still Washington Park for bottom feeders.
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    The one time it sucks to be in Brooklyn NY.... because it's not Illinois
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion