tuscl

Dancers' Schedules.

11bravo88
California
Since we all know dancers are independent contractors and not employees, can they make their own schedule. In other words, can they come and dance at a club whenever they feel like it, or do the clubs require a certain amount of attendance, like a minimum number of days per week? Some strippers work at multiple clubs, so can they pick which club to dance at on a certain day? Just curious.
Dancers here on this site are urged to respond as I am by nature an inquisitive person (but not nosy). Thanks.

9 comments

• dancer0307
    8 years ago
    If you really want to know your favorite dancer's schedule just ask. Most of my regulars know I work inconsistent and they want to know when they can catch me again. It's also very flattering to know that you enjoyed the dancer so much you want to know the next time she will be back. I hope this helps answer your question.
  • poledancer83
    8 years ago
    usually most clubs is at least a 2 night but most commonly 3 night schedule that you have some say in. usually if your nightshift its Fri Sat and one night a week.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    There are some clubs where dancers can come whenever they want, and they can leave when ever they want. :)

Mostly they just have on the rooster a surplus of dancers, and the girls know when the demand will be higher, relative to the dancers being there. So it works out.

But these tend to be more anything goes clubs, and in my mind they are Latina venues.

Most clubs don't work that way. So they want the girls to listen to the management and stay within the rules. So they have to limit the number of dancers per shift, they can't just flood the place with as many as possible.

When you get that freeforall situation, the girls stop following the rules.

SJG
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    It varies by the club.

I know one girl who literally only comes in when a regular wants to do a CR. But another club makes dancers set their schedules in advance.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    IDK too much about the inner-workings of clubs but seem many, particularly the more upscale ones, seem to have some kind of control over dancers' schedule while other clubs (often dives) seem to allow dancers to come-in whenever

I think this may be one of those sticking points w.r.t. the dancer lawsuits that have been going-around the last couple of years - so it may be that more and more clubs in order to not get sued may allow dancers to work as true independent contractors meaning dancers having full-control of their schedule - or perhaps the clubs can still get away w/ it by making the dancers sign a specific type of contract making the dancer agree to the club's wishes.
  • impala
    8 years ago
    Really depends on the club. I will say this much, nothing will kill a club quicker than when the dancers just don't show up!
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    As the guys said above, there's no single rule, it depends on the club, and to some extent, local laws.

In this area, there's one club where there is no schedule whatsoever, the girls come in whenever they want -- but there are rules such as "if you want to work a Thurs-Fri-Sat night shift, you must have worked at least 3 slow shifts prior during the week". There's another club I know of that does schedule the girls, but the rules are, "you must come in during your scheduled shifts, but as long as you work those shifts, you can come in during any other shifts if the manager okays it". And I know of yet another shift that strictly schedules the girls.
  • Mainster
    8 years ago
    Scheduling strippers must be like herding cats. One house mother told me that she had to schedule her day shift at a 2:1 ratio, and she still generally didn't bat 500. Some girls are lazy, some feel entitled, some just can't a sitter, and others are chronically hung over or coming down off their poison of choice.

So I'm occupying a stool at the Candy Store one afternoon years ago, watching the game and abusing my liver. The doors have been open for over two hours and one of the truants hasn't called, and isn't answering her home phone (see, back in those days, there were phones that actually plugged into the wall, and you couldn't take them with you.... they didn't show pictures. The horror...) Today was supposed to be her last chance- if she missed her shift, she'd be asked to move along. Cute, really fun girl, but utterly unreliable, ever for a stripper.

The bar phone rings, DJ answers. The truant dancer, Tasha, is on the other end, trying to disguise her voice. "Does Tasha still work there?", she asks. DJ busts out laughing, then tells her yes, all is forgiven, get your butt down here. Your fans are lined up around the club. She rolls in a half-hour later, pissed. She confronts the DJ; "There wasn't no fuckin' line! You lied!"
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    There's no universal rule. My old favorite club used to have them come in and work whenever they wanted. It did lead to some inconsistency, though, because I would go one Friday night and they'd only have 4 or 5 dancers and then the next time, it would be more like 10.

My current #2 club more or less allows them to show up whenever they want, but they are always trying to get them to book days, if not weeks, in advance. Of course, once they are booked, they better show up.

I have no idea how my current #1 club works anymore. One of my favorites says they make her follow a set schedule, but another one says she can come and go whenever she wants. I know at one point, they had it set up where they had to put a shift in Sunday thru Thursday in order to work Friday and Saturday, but I get the idea that isn't true anymore.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion