tuscl

any thoughts on millennials dancing today? do they compare to yesteryear?

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
i haven't totally warmed up to todays millennials dancing at my SCs.
as for looks, in general, maybe millennials got the edge compared to past generations. i'll give em that.

but millennial showmanship is lacking IMO.
i feel like past generations were more smooth with it; more natural at being on stage, lapdancing,etc

sometimes it feels like some of these millennials are strugglin' with some basic SC 101 stuff
but i'm sounding like a snob.

i don't put all the blame on millennials. i'm partly blaming today's music.
yesterday's music inspired past dancers to react differently. today's music makes todays dancers react the way they do.

here we go: imagine the sexiest song of yesterday. no matter what that is, or genre, or year it came out. get that song in your head.
ok, now imagine the sexiest song of today. no matter the genre. it's completely different, no? millennials gotta work with that tune of today. that's the problem.

i feel like past strippers had better music material to be inspired off of. there's your party.
today's chicks got a raw deal music-wise. and they can't get jiggy with yesterday's music either. damn.

14 comments

• skibum609
    8 years ago
    I see no difference whatsoever in stage shows or lap dances, but I see a huge difference in their ability to converse, more particularly their absolute lack of knowledge of anything that occurred more than a year prior.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Are you writing a book or something? Or are you just incredibly bored?
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    Most old folks usually ALWAYS think their music is better than the current generation. Adapt or get out
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Is it usually or ALWAYS? It can't be both.
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    Always
  • s88
    8 years ago
    Rock is dying with its listeners, its not coming back. The biker strip club thing is fading into the past. Todays SCs are "vegas style" bottle service crap, not dives. Over the last 20 years, SCs became associated with urban culture thanks to MTV/Fuse/Revolt/BET. Rappers, hip hop, dopemen, ice, show off $ to your bros. The days of go solo to a regular sausage bar and drink with fellow single men, or goto the SC and drink with semi-hot women in bikinis are over.

The show off $ to your bros culture programmed strippers, that all they have to do is walk over, not say a word, shake their ass, and get $. Millennial strippers who think stripping is liberating, get very picky over their customers. Once their house fee is paid for the night, they sit on their phones until they see a guy who is "attractive" to them.
  • gothamyte
    8 years ago
    >"Are you writing a book or something? Or are you just incredibly bored?'

If you're asking me, I'm just curious and wanted folk's opinions. It'd be cool if I could interview a rack of dancers (because I have a million questions) and write an accurate book or put out an accurate movie one day. But that's a pipe dream.

>"Most old folks usually ALWAYS think their music is better than the current generation. Adapt or get out"

I agree. Every generation thinks their music is better than the last. And in my opinion, every generation also thinks the next generation is way more gay.

But I'm not necessarily arguing which generation has the better music. Here's what I'm trying to say. If you go to your favorite strip club right now and whatever music is playing you turn that off and switch it to all classical music: Bach, Beethoven, what have you and demand the dancers still perform lap dances and pole routines on stage to classical music, it will effect the dancer's performance. Some of the dancer's won't be able to feel sexy enough to perform or whatever. I'm saying music does play a role.

Or, try this: no music at all at the strip club and see how far these dancers can go performing lapdances and pole routines acapella so to speak.

I'm trying to say if today's music isn't inspiring the dancers to perform the way I feel that yesteryear's music was better at inspiring dancers to perform, where are strip clubs heading? Where are millennials heading? This is what I'm trying to get to.

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Today's millenials have their faces buried in their smart phones. If it isn't their friends or music, they don't know what's going on. In the clubs, it looks like they are bored to tears going through the motions to get cash out of us. I'm with you, gothamyte. The focus is simple: separate money from us, most dancers aren't worth my time or money.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Yeah, the cell phones are a problem, and millenials know of nothing before their 1981 year zero, the launch of MTV.

But, they are more matter of fact and just right down to it sexually. And this applies to just the standard fraternizing and stage performances you will find in strip clubs.

Remember that Larry Flint has twice tried to start rawer and more direct magazines aimed at Gen X.

SJG

Wicked Lady - Axeman Cometh
    http://images.junostatic.com/full/CS4599…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtRccgPd…
  • RyanWilliams64
    8 years ago
    Well not specifically about the dancing, but one thing I notice today different than even 10 years ago is that so many female millenials have tatoos. Used to be only males got them. To some extent, it is a turn-off to me.
  • impala
    8 years ago
    S88, I agree with you, the millinial type just don't dance at the good old dive go go bar. I miss the hole in the wall with a few dancers. IMO, part of the problem is that many of the younger dancers (due to how stripping is seen on tv and movies) don't see stripping in a completely negative light, and therefore it's not so much an act of desperation.

And jan_jose_guy, first you have to leave your moms basement and go to a strip club before you know the difference between strippers of the past and the current crop!
  • K
    8 years ago
    the first club I went to had a few women in their 40's. I was a teen so these women are close to 80 now. I know some that are 18 or 19 now so I think I have a good range to compare.

I hear complaints about new dancers all the time. they aren't as good as the ones I remember. i tend to only remember the exceptional ones so it might just be we don't recall the average or below average dancers from years ago.

The current crop of dancer is more likely to have lots of ink. 30 years ago a boyfriend's name or a small rose is about all most had. Now they have huge murals covering their backs.

The current dancer is less likely to be ashamed of dancing and of OTC. I do think they look down on the ITC girls more. we have the sugar daddy movement to thank for this. Current dancers are more likely to enjoy OTC and less likely to bolt as soon as you bust a nut. Again, i think this is the sugar daddy thing. Running out the door makes them a whore. In my experience they are more kink positive.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Impala, still with your head in the toilet, under the water, how do you expect me to understand what you are saying?

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion