tuscl

OT: Favre

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Even more respect for the man after hearing that induction speech last nighr

11 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Which speech was that, flagooner?
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    For those who wish to see it http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packe…
  • flagooner
    8 years ago

TY Hugh. Yes, his HOF induction speech.

Straight from the heart.

I can't remember where I heard it earlier in the day, but it was reported that he didn't write any speech and that he was just going to wing it. I'm sure he had a bit of an outline in his head, but there certainly wasn't a telestrator he was reading from.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    I watched the entire hall of fame ceremony

Favre was great. But so was Kevin Greene
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Favre deserves his spot there. It was good to listen to his speech.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Not sure what it is about Green Bay and quarterbacks. As a Chicago Bears fan, you can imagine my consternation that they keep landing guys like Favre and Rodgers; while the former Monsters of the MIdway keep hiring losers like Cutler, Stewart, and Grossman.

No matter what though, Favre is the real deal. An all-time NFL great, and a truly classy guy.
  • samsung1
    8 years ago
    The football hall of fame is in canton ohio. Last night I was at an akron club and dancer blamed the lack of business/girls because people went to canton clubs for the hall of fame. She said she didn't want to drive 30 minutes there because she has enough regulars in akron.

Christies in canton used to have $10 dances but raised them to 20 bc of the hall of fame tourists coming to town several years back. They never lowered the price back. Kind of like how brads in indy raised prices for super bowl and never lowered them.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Great QB. Terrible pitchman.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I grew up a Chicago Bears fan so I hated the Packers. But Favre earned my respect. I love competitors.

I caught part of his speech. I too teared up when talked about his family, especially his mom.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    He was always fun to watch, driving Holmgren nuts when he'd call his own plays and go rogue. And he always smiled & laughed out on the field and seemed like he was genuinely having fun out there. He's one of a kind.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    The real difference between Favre and most players in the NFL today, is that Favre really did love to play the game. He was willing to put in the work, physical and mental, to be able to play his best, simply because he wanted to play. It appears to me that far too many players in the NFL love money and will work hard to get higher paying contracts. They seem to be only interested in playing football because they can get big money that they couldn't get any other way. There are now several players who seem to love the game and respect the sport, but they appear to be the minority.

I had an opportunity to meet Dick Butkus on the sidelines of a rugby game in the 80s. He was an avid fan of rugby and played (often in violation of his contract with the Bears) throughout his college and pro career. One thing I still remember about our conversation was his obvious love for hard hitting contact sports (both football and rugby) and his appreciation of other players who loved the game. That seems (to me) to be a rare quality in today's NFL players.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion