tuscl

Guess I won't be watching the Miss Teen USA Pageant

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high

13 comments

• Dominic77
    8 years ago
    It's probably is for the best to skip a TV show that would only server to remind you and I of all the fuckable teenagers there are in this country. .. just a little bit. ;)

/sarcasm

In all seriousness, I did read that the planners plan to replace the swimsuit competition with that is essentially a "yoga pants" competition (Athletic wear) so there is a bright side!
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    ^ "with *that* is essentially" should have read "with *what* is essentially"
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    VinceMichaels posted this back in June 30th, I guess you were on vacation in that time
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    It's either an online streaming thing (from their website) or maybe it was on cable (I don't have cable/satellite). I don't think "Miss Teen USA" have been on broadcast TV since the '90s or thereabouts. It does kind of lose its appeal when you can just go to a local titty bar and see women in person. :) With that said, I do like to watch the Victorias Secret annual show either with the wife or with the father in law (he's a old pervert and in hospice these days so he really can't get out much).
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Really ????

You probably shouldn't be talking about being a pedophile lol....seriously
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I haven't watched a beauty pageant in probably 20 yesrs but do recall seeing a Miss Teen USA once & thought they looked better in bikinis than the regular Miss USA contestants (and I'm normally not into young chicks at all) - I think they looked better to me b/c they seemed not to have starved themselves like the regular Miss USA contestants & looked healthier & w/ better/curvier bods vs looking like clothes hangers
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    s_j_gay, I have great news !! Just this summer, a San Francisco media group announced there will be a Teenage Latino boys contest on next month. :)
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Probably a good business move to switch to athletic wear. I'm assuming they will partner with one athletic clothing line, that could bring in money.

So will the fact that there might also be more girls wanting to compete, as not every 14 yr old is comfortable strutting around in a skimpy bikini in 5 inch heels in front of America, and not every parent wants guys like JS69 drooling over their bikini-and-heels clad 14 yr olds on national tv. It's a teen competition...
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Here's an example of "athleisure" wear:
    https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com…

Here's the article:
    http://www.today.com/style/miss-teen-usa…

Miss Teen USA pageant drops swimsuit competition in favor of athleisure
    Jun. 29, 2016 at 5:40 PM
    Rheana Murray
    TODAY

The athleisure trend is finally infiltrating the pageant scene.

(cut)

Instead, they'll be participating in a new athletic-wear portion of the competition.

"This decision reflects an important cultural shift we're all celebrating that empowers women who lead active, purposeful lives and encourage those in their communities to do the same," Paula Shugart, president of the Miss Universe Organization, which runs the Miss Teen USA pageant, said in a letter announcing the news.

"Our hope is that this decision will help all of Miss Teen USA's fans recognize these young women for the strong, inspiring individuals they are," she added.

Shugart said that the organization will continue to "evolve in ways that celebrate women's strength, confidence and beauty for years to come."

Given the ubiquity of fit models in crop tops and yoga pants on Instagram, and a country that's arguably more interested in health and fitness than ever before, the news might not be so surprising to fans.

Many are praising the teen pageant for ditching swimsuits, including the reigning Miss Teen USA, Katherine Haik of Louisiana.

"I have been an athlete my entire life," Haik said in a statement sent to TODAY Style. "As a member of a softball team and a competitive dance team, I spend a lot of time in athletic wear. This new direction for Miss Teen USA is a great way to celebrate the active lives that so many young women lead and set a strong example for our peers."

The Miss Teen USA pageant will be held in Las Vegas on Saturday, July 30.

END.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Dominic77 - I figured it would look something like the example you showed us. That's much more appropriate and I agree with the sentiments that it encourages a more healthy and active lifestyle instead of a swimsuit competition that promotes being hot by any means (as we all know that many pageant girls, models, etc are prone to self-esteem issues that can lead to unhealthy lifestyles).
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I don't watch pageants like that anyway. I like sluttier women.

SJG
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Thanks Nina. I agree this change for the teen pageant is likely for the best. I am glad to have a female's opinion weigh in on this.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion