tuscl

dallas702 you got some more splainin' to do!

I know I'm being hard on you about this Mr. dallas, but you seem to be a guy that wants to talk at people rather than with people. I quote something somebody else says and you then go off on me.

You did kind of bug me with you disrespectful comment on a thread about a dead black man shot by a police officer by completely sidestepping his death and starting out your post with a rant about the "biased" media. Must be nice to believe in that media bias because then you don't have to consider opinions in the media unless you already agree with them. Couldn't you even have the respect to start out by saying something to acknowledge that the death in Minnesota was tragic before you start to write your right-wing screed?

Just to show you that I can google for stats too I thought I'd link to the following. This is a summary so you may have to click on the blue words to find more information.

www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2015/10/…

Yet you are no doubt a big opponent of gun control. To be fair, brain trusts like the Mises institute point out that comparisons between numbers of gun deaths in the US and the rest of the developed world are unfair. Why? Because those comparisons don't include third world countries!

Glad to see that they're setting the bar at "we're doing better than Honduras!"

Well, I for one want to live in a developed country. And one where the police don't disproportionately kill people of color. Or allow every nutjob that wants a gun to get a gun so they then have to blow him up with a robot.

3 comments

• aw_snap
    8 years ago
    And by the way Mr. dallas, Texas is an open carry state. Why didn't one of the "good guys with a gun" in the crowd take out the shooter?

Could it be because it is often very difficult for the "good guy with a gun" to take out the "bad guy with a gun"? But that runs contrary to the "unbiased" NRA talking points.

But you probably weren't attending the protest. If you were I suspect you would have seen the muzzle flash, whipped out your 9 mm, and taken out the sniper with one shot right between the eyes!

I'm sure you're an amazing "good guy with a gun" Mr. dallas!
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    aw_snap: " Why didn't one of the "good guys with a gun" in the crowd take out the shooter? "

Probably because of the height and surprise advantage and by attacking a protest as opposed to a more confined area protesters had the chance to flee: Especially with pros on the scene to take care of the shooter.

Kind of an apples to oranges comparison.
  • aw_snap
    8 years ago
    Doug, I know it would have been impossible to have taken out a prepared sniper.

On the other hand, the list of incidents where a "good guy with a gun" takes out a "bad guy with a gun" are mighty slim, despite the delusional beliefs of gun control opponents.

Despite this we all have to live in a country with a gun homicide rate that only looks good if you include Honduras and Guatemala in the comparisons. Why? Because of guys like Mr. dallas!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion