tuscl

Bogarts on the 4th

Hmmm, I think the only day of the year, they aren't open is Christmas day. I'll check bus schedules and call them after they open to see if I make it down there today. Anyone else clubbing today?

14 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    I had a 4-day weekend planned which included hitting a couple of clubs, most likely the FC and maybe Bogart's. But a crisis at work forced me to work Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday. So I have to spend today doing household chores. No fun for me.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Not today. I'm sure the clubs will be open but dancer quantity and quality will definitely take a big hit.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    For sure, shadowcat. The desperation factor comes into play. The Bogarts' dancers working today most likely really need the cash.

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Well, the bad news is there isn't bus service on one of my routes to Bogarts today being the holiday.. GRRRRRRRR !!
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Better hurry up and go get that vette. :)
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I'm going up Thursday. I checked, there is a strip club waaaaayyyy up there, shadowcat. LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    @ VM - don't you have a bicycle - maybe one of those 3-wheelers

:)
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Thursday I make my return to Follies. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ nice - ease into it though
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Papi, I live on the far Northeast side of the Detroit Metropolitan area. Bogarts is way down on the southwest side, about 50 miles. If I tried to bicycle that far, I'd die. LOL
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    VM you don't have a car? 50 miles would be a super long time on the bus.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    larry, I do have a car. It's been in storage while I recovered from my medical issues. I'm going to get it this week and put it back on the road.
    Yeah, it's a long trip via bus. When I went to The Flight Club meetup, it took about 2 hours to get down there. I knew I wouldn't be coming back that night, SMART bus service sucks and I couldn't take the chance of getting stranded somewhere if I missed a critical connection. I'll be glad to be driving my Vette again.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    There's very little SMART about the SMART bus. I hear rumors about the possibility of a commuter rail service between Detroit and Ann Arbor and considering the tracks would run right behind Flight Club and the Criket.... and not far from BTs, it would all depend on where the stops were, when and how often the trains ran, and taxi or uber between the stops and the clubs. Might end up being a good option to maximize your fun hopping between the Michigan Avenue bars and avoid a DUI if they get it done. (I'm sure getting between titty bars is NOT the destination planning they will have in mind, LOL)
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Yes, Hugh, there's talk about upgrading regional transportation here. It's about time !! Henry Ford and his buddies at Chrysler and Ford killed mass transit here back in the 40's. They wanted to sell cars, plain and simple. When one travels the USA, we see how much better mass transit is in other parts of the country. The AMTRAK train station is about 5-6 miles East of Flight Club, and not as far from Criket and BT's. Uber would be an option after train trips. I'd never tell the conductor that I'm going to our strip clubs. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion