tuscl

WTF Has Happened To 2016????

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Is it just me, or everyone else too?

Looking at the calendar this week I realized over half the year is already over. It's seems like February was like 3 weeks ago.

It's bad when during the week I wish it would just slow down so I can catch my breath. I used to just race for the weekends - now I just want to be able to enjoy something in the day that doesn't revolve around maintaining something I own (house, car, pet, etc.) or work.

Ugh, I can't adult today.

11 comments

• rockstar666
    8 years ago
    As we get older, time seems to go faster because fewer things change from month to month and year to year. For me, January seems like a long time ago as I've had some unusual events. But the last 10 years are a blur.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ yeah I figured that, I'm just in denial I guess.

• twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I think 2016 is the year of the troll.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Trump is the Troll King.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    I agree that each year seems to go by faster than the year before. The reason for this is that each year represents a smaller and smaller fraction of your life so far. When you're 6, a year is a sixth of your life; Christmas really does seem to take forever! When you're 60, a year is a sixtieth of your life; you're still putting away last year's decorations!

Technically this year will be half over at the end of July 1, the 183rd out of 366 days. If you wanted to get X things done this year (papers published, dollars earned, lap dances enjoyed, or whatever), you have used (after today) 176 of your days but still have 190 days left. Don't despair!
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    So how is the water there in de Nile? :) Seriously, as we get older, we are busy. Time flies when you are doing stuff daily. Flight Club meetup is like a dream now, only 6 days past.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    More reason to be cognizant about enjoying each day - they are gone b/f we know it.

I recall in elementary school a school-year seemed an eternity - in contrast my Sr year in high-school seemed to fly by.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Whoah big guy, don't sell the farm too quick. We still got over half the year remaining. 27 weeks out of 52, so don't ruin our parade. The best is yet to come!
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    July 1st is halfway through the year. Having fun with #'s.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    I feel you 110%. Feels like I got less time to learn and not enough to take away my worries.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    ^^Meat72 chimes in from the Department of Redundancy Department :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion