tuscl

OT: Captain Kirk to take new command

dallas702
Wandering
A new ship, with highly advanced propulsion, stealth systems and new weapons systems, has completed trials and is soon to be turned over to it's new crew. Commanded by Captain James Kirk, the new "Zumwalt" will have a crew of 143 people.

This is not from a Star Trek movie, this is real news. You just can't make this stuff up!

9 comments

• rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Here's an article about it. You would think if Kirk is the skipper they could at least name it enterprise.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio…
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Cool ship but what idiot thought of the name???
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    Elmo Russell (Bud) Zumwalt, Jr., the son of two physicians, Elmo Russell and Frances Zumwalt, was born at Tulare, CA, in the San Joaquin Valley, on November 29, 1920. He went to Rutherford Preparatory School (1938-1939), then entered the United States Naval Academy. Academically, he was in the top five percent of his class and in the top two percent militarily. His disregard for meaningless regulations placed him near the bottom in conduct. His later reforms as chief of naval operations seemed to reflect his desire to see "common sense" prevail in the Navy.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    He should have changed his name to Elmo Russel Enterprise, just in case the Navy wanted to name a ship after him.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    If it's not James T Kirk, then it doesn't matter
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Seriously, though, I think the US Should always have an active front-line ship name "Enterprise"- I don't care if it's a carrier, destroyer, or reusable space craft, but it needs to be there
  • 3LeggedMan
    8 years ago
    There already is an Enterprise, but it's a carrier. Although from the looks of things the Enterprise cost less to build than the Zumwalt.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    They should've hired Captain Save A Ho instead
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    The last ship named Enterprise is inactive, launched in '62, retired in '12. That's why I specifies "active."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion