tuscl

Shooters Alley Atlanta shut down?

Timbuck12
Georgia
Looks like this club will be changing. I heard it from a couple dancers that work there that they have been busted for liquor license violation. I went by today to check it out and they were closed "for renovations". A lot of their girls are already showing up at Follies, which is right down the road. Just an FYI

13 comments

• Timbuck12
    8 years ago
    I'm talking about the original one on Buford Hwy, not the ghost-town on Piedmont Rd.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I wonder if they saw this coming and the reason they opened the 2nd location not long ago?

And I wonder what kind of liquor violations – e.g. girls grinding on custies in an establishment that sells alcohol? Etc?
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I thought that Follies parking lot looked over crowded today at 12:40PM but didn't see an abnormal amount of black chicks ITC.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    I just passed by the place. No cars, but a sign on the door. I didn't stop to read it. I seem to recall Doraville wanting to change the liquor laws a few years ago. That stupid 3 foot nekid rule from an open container. Oasis was falling under the same rule and was trying to fight it.

I found that.
    DeKalb County Superior Court Judge has dismissed a strip club’s lawsuit against Doraville that sought to allow it to continue to offer nude dancing and alcohol.

The Oasis club was annexed into Doraville in December 2012 but had previously operated as an adult entertainment venue under an agreement with DeKalb County. Doraville’s local laws do not allow nudity and alcohol in sexually-oriented businesses.

Owners of Oasis have said they will appeal their Constitutional challenge to the Doraville laws to the state Supreme Court.

Wow, You get raped in Doraville by the government.
    http://www.doravillega.us/annexation-inf…

• MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    So Oasis maybe next?
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    Wow,
    http://atlantaprogressivenews.com/2014/1…

You had to read all of it. but there is a WTF!! down near the end.
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    This is bad. Not great clubs but worth a visit.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    FYI Shooters is in unincorporated DeKalb county. Might be the only strip club left that hasn't been annexed to a city.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    You are so correct Shadowcat. What a fucked up map though. The more and more I see of these, it looks like they (Cities) try to cut out things that will cost them the most money, Such as low income apartments and commercial areas that don't seem to be doing well.

I still love that they had a "Special Meeting" on Dec 31 at 12:01 a.m. to hear complaints?
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    Can't win for shit in Doraville I suppose. I agree with Papi though. I believe that they saw this forthcoming and was probably the reason why they opened the second location in Midtown late last year. Mileage was hit or miss in that club but it did have the prettiest and nicest chocolate spinners in the city.
  • Timbuck12
    8 years ago
    I suspect a lot of the girls will try to get jobs at Follies due to the close proximity. Things could get even more crowded at everyone's favorite club
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I just got back from Follies. Nobody has any idea what the violations were but it appears that Follies won't be hiring a bunch of new girls from Shooters. They already have all they want(240). If they transfer to the new Shooters they will have to get a Fulton County license and that is apparently somewhere between $300-400.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    240??? Someone needs to start a gallery, so I can find my DS.

Yeah, like there is a DS for a guy that sees strippers on a low budget.

Good News, I am not getting raped by Allstate anymore.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion