tuscl

FX Series: "The People vs OJ Simpson"

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I've only watched the first three episodes so far....it's pretty good.

Episode 3 ends with Marcia Clsrk saying "mother fucker" when she finds out Johnnie Cochran was hired by the defense team

That's pretty bold for a basic cable show. In "Breaking Bad", Skyler famously said "I fucked Ted", but its a word still very rare outside of HBO/Showtime.

When we gonna get more tits on basic cable?

5 comments

• jackslash
    8 years ago
    I enjoyed "The People Vs OJ Simpson." I had forgotten many of the details of the case--I probably wanted to forget some of them. The series had some interesting actors, such as David Schwimmer portraying Robert Kardashian, the father of the reality show Kardashians.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I thought David Schimmer seemed oddly cast. I thought he was too young. But I'm Rong. Kardashian was 50 during the trial and Schwimmer is 49.

One thing I never knew -- Kardashian was not a practicing attorney at the time. He had let his law license expire (he was in the music industry) and had to get his license re-instated for the trial.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    I'm recording it but haven't watched yet.
  • azdd
    8 years ago
    I thought it was very well done, and it wasn't afraid to lay out the reality that of course he fucking did it, he just had a great defense team, and the fortunate good timing of a mostly black jury that didn't trust cops. In my opinion Mark Furman's lies on the stand were most to blame for Simpson walking free, at least for awhile. I hope OJ rots and dies in prison.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I'm thru episode 8. Only 2 more to go. It's pretty riveting. I had no intention of watching it....who wants to rehash the whole thing again, but it's been quite entertaining.

The writers are obviously having fun with the Kardashian girls. In a very serious story, it was good see the writers poke fun at the Kardashians a few times. The restaurant scene on Father's Day when Robert talked to the girls about being fame and saying "Remember, we are Kardashians. It's more important to be GOOD people than become famous" had me LOL.

And when lawyers were talking about the racial make up the potential jury, one lawyer said "don't pick black women. They don't like it when a black man marries a white woman."

And Kardashian makes a comment that turns out to be funny when you look into the future.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion