tuscl

TUSCL PLs getting lazy?

dallas702
Wandering
One of the reasons I joined/real this site is to get up to date information on clubs I am thinking about visiting. I almost always check the reviews here before visiting a club for the first time, and I usually check reviews before returning to a club when I have been away a while. For years, I was consistent in reviewing clubs I visited the first time, clubs I visited after a long absence and occasionally reviewing clubs I often visited.

Recently I noted that I am reviewing clubs maybe one in every 6 to 10 visits (if that much). Sometimes I excuse my inaction with, "there's nothing new to say," but honestly, I am just getting lazy.

Are any of you failing to keep up with reviews of clubs you visit? Why?

12 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    The only time I look at reviews these days is the rare instance when I'm traveling to a city that I've never clubbed in before. For most major U.S. cities, I know about the clubs from past visits to the city and I know the places to go to get what I want.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I review a fraction of my visits these days. Same reason as you, I've been there a million times before, and what's the point of writing a review for the 6th time at the same club?

I will do a new review of something has changed or I have some information on pricing that could benefit someone reading my review.

In the last 3 years I think I have only stepped in to 2 clubs I had never previously been in, and one of those had just opened.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    I have been half tempted to go to some clubs I haven't been, just to review them. Then I read the existing TUSCL reviews on those clubs and think to myself: Why don't I like light $100 on fire? I would have about the same fun. I keep going back to the same place too.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    I don't review ever club every visit or every time. Like others have said, I don't see the point in another review of the same club within a few weeks unless there has been a major change or the visits are wildly inconsistent. I generally put comments in one review over multiple visits to the same location.

I also don't review a lot of clubs I visit while traveling. There's a variety of reasons for that, the biggest one is probably that I don't feel like I have a good picture of the club after one visit and I almost never have a good picture of the area. For me, the comparison to the area is the most important part of a review. When I read reviews I'm deciding which club to visit. I think in a lot of areas I'd be misrepresenting the clubs as low mileage rip off joints, just because of my primary clubbing area.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Writing good reviews takes time & effort for most - I tend to be a prolific reviewer but I also have slowed down a bit lately b/c I've had other things on my mind & not in the writing mood.
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    I don't write reviews for every club I visit. I just don't have the time. I try to put a priority on clubs that have not been reviewed in months or years, because it will inevitably be of help to someone and stay on the front page of that club for awhile. I am more likely to skip reviewing clubs that get reviewed very frequently. For example, if I write a review of a club like Tootsies or Follies, it will already be bumped off the front page in under a week, so why waste the time if no one will see it buried under the shills? When I write a review, my viewpoint is that it should be helpful to the next TUSCL member who visits.
  • Timex345
    9 years ago
    I run out of things to write about and I usually get attacked by some reviewer for what I write.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I review new clubs when I go, but I don't really travel for work. I tend to review my main club every 3 to 6 months or if I feel like there's something worth reporting (the removal, then readdition of the tip walk, for example).
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    I've stopped reviewing every time I club.

Mainly because it's the same 3 or 4 clubs and I feel like I'm not adding anything when each review sounds the same if nothing much has changed since the last visit.

• larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    I looked at Timex345's reviews, he's getting killed in his reviews. Some of it was funny though.
  • rogertex
    9 years ago
    Don't you guys get motivated to write club reviews for your own self ?

Face it - each one of us has gotten cozy with over 500 dancers during scores of SC visits.
    I need a place to sort which dancer works where, which club is good on which days, what to avoid and what to seek. I find TUSCL convenient and don't trust my memory. Frankly dancers get thrilled when you remember their name or a thing or two about her.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    That's a very interesting approach rogertex. Personal trip reports. I have been brain dumping my trip reports to MS Word documents on my hard drive. Some of these have have shortens for length and posted to SW/SCJ and one a posted here as a trip report, admittedly the re-editing job on that report may have sub sub-optimal, as desertscrub highlighted.

I think I may take your approach now, as I would at least get some use out of reviews like that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion