tuscl

A Dangerous Precedent?

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
The 2016 Chevy Malibu has a feature called "Teen Driver Technology"

Good for spying on your teens learning how to drive. But what if the next step is "Wife Checking on Husband's Hobbies Tech"

Could not be fun for the married guys

8 comments

• chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Good point. Technology...gotta take the good with the bad I guess. However I would hope in your scenario the husband would know about the feature and somehow disable it w/o alerting the wife.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    The technology exists. You can install software on cell phones and track people or even listen in on them.

I had a favorite dancer a couple years ago and she used to come over to my house. Then she got a serious boyfriend. One day he asked her, "What were you doing yesterday afternoon at Jack's house?"
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Big Brother is watching: We live in a surveillance world.
    Many cell phones are tracked whether you have your GPS on or not. That is also why the government is pushing to have all cell phone to have a non-removable battery!
    I won't by a GM car because of "on star" you cannot turn it off even if you do not have the service. They can data log location, speed, route, stops, acceleration, ..... How long before it is used against you!
    The feds already monitor Face-Book and Twitter to see if you make "terrorist" comments on the internet.
    I saw a story about a British guy and his girlfriend who tweated that he and girlfriend were coming to LA to "see some friends and "destroy LA" (british slang vernacular for party harder that the locals, drink up all their booze, etc.) and he was arrested upon arrival detained for 48 hours until the dipshits figured out it was british slang but still revocked his visa, told him he was never allowed back into the USA because he was now marked as a potential terrorist march to a plane in handcuffs and deported. All because he tweeted to his friend here in local slang that some stick up his ass bureaucrat/computer program could not figure out was just vernacular for party hardy!
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    While I agree that technology is reaching the point of near total tracking, it is not quite there yet. I intentionally drive an older car with no internet connections at all and no gps enabled devices. My cell phone is an older flip phone with the gps disabled. I am not paranoid, but I do not want to tracked to the club, or anywhere else for that matter. For similar reasons, I am not out there on any social media.

Some bozo wants to steal my life (identity), he's gonna have to work at it. I am not "invisible" to a serious tracker/hacker but I figure that I would appear inconsequential enough that no serious hacker/thief would bother.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    Motor, when I first read your thread title I thought you were talking about Trump.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Lol, Londonguy

Best comment of the year.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    It is already here
  • s88
    9 years ago
    The onstar's cables have to be disconnected. The onstar box is always accessible from the trunk. No lift needed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion