tuscl

Frat Boys

magicrat
North Carolina
Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:19 AM
I've noticed a few guys have mentioned the ease of sex while being in a fraternity so it made me wonder about my fellow TUSCLers. How many of you were in a fraternity in school? I was not. Has it helped in your career and relationships?

24 comments

• RandomMember
    9 years ago
    I spent one year in a frat house because I was able to get my own room instead of sharing a dorm room with another dude. Absolutely hated the mindless horseshit. For example, I remember the dude next to me put a recorder under his bed to record a session with his GF and then played it back for everyone.

Absolutely zero benefits as far as career or contacts.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    About 20 years ago I received an invitation to a black tie Christmas party at an up scale Atlanta hotel. The party was being hosted by a fraternity that I had never been in or even herd of. So I Googled it and it turned out to be a national black fraternity and I am a white guy. Then it dawned on me. I had received an invitation intended for a prominent black congressman that has the same name. If I had gone I probably would have made the 6 o'clock news. :)
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    Never was my thing. I'm glad I didn't get involved in the frat scene - as it would have made my questionable college decisions even more questionable!
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Shadow - predominately black fraternities do not just have black members. They have white members as well, you would have fit right in.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    LOL, shadowcat, sounds like a party I went to on a party boat on the Detroit River. A friend and I drove down, got on the boat, noticed the 99.5 per cent difference in race, we shrugged and said why not. LOL
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    I only attended a 2 year college, so we didn't really have any fraternities that I knew of at the time, so the opportunity never presented itself. After all the stories about hazing incidents and other criminal activities, I'm glad I never joined a fraternity. I had plenty of encounters with gorgeous young coeds from our general population. And the sex was great !!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I was never in a frat. I did check one out as a freshman and it seemed really dreary. I went to The University Of Chicago which had a reputation of 'where fun goes to die' and the frats were even worse than the dorms! But I had a lot of fun in college. I found guys for a band to play in right away, so my social life didn't need help from the Greeks.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I was in a frat. It helped me do exactly one thing, get pussy during college. It has had no impact on my life since then.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ same with me. I never lived in the house which was frowned upon by many of the other members. My college sexual escapades increased by 50% just by going to the once a month parties. They were called "listeners" and would be on a weeknight (usually wed or thurs) and it would be us and another sorority. Several times there would be twice as many girls as guys, I can't remember any parties where the guys outnumbered the girls. It was always pretty even learning in our favor... at the minimum.

Knowing what I know now, I'd give up one of my testicles to go back and do it again.
  • Daddillac
    9 years ago
    Dont call your country a cunt or your fraternity a frat
  • RTP
    9 years ago
    I was also in a Fraternity. It was a great experience, but can't say it has done much for my career. The parties were frequent and great which is what I think led to the great sex. It had little to do with the fraternity other than it was a host for unlimited free alcohol. Our fraternity was strict on guy attendees, but girls were unlimited. So, you typically had 3 girls to every guy. The girls were high and drunk. How about that for Brilliant?
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    Better to work on grades and be offered entrance to an honor society. There you get contacts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_soci…
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    My experience with frats and their people is that they hold very conservative political views, and so they divide women into two categories. When it comes to the sorority girls, it ain't cool at all.

And then of course one non-frat member finally went off the deep end and tried to shoot up a sorority house. I'm speaking here about Elliot Rodger of the University of California Santa Barbara.

So while yes, Rodger lost it completely, what the commentators have not dealt with is what sort of a social environment he was in.

SJG
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I wasn't ever a member of a "frat" but I was a fraternity member. Luckily I fit in with what I guess was the alternative, open minded, accepting fraternity on campus and got to steer clear of all the other, rich fraternities, nerd fraternities, jock fraternities, party/drug fraternities. My fraternity was pretty much the UN of fraternities and we partied like crazy just as hard as everyone else. Sorority socials were great and easy pickings. I still remember some of the non-PC little sayings we had about each of the sororities.

Tri-Delt, everyone else has
    I'd love to be a hula hoop around a KD's waist. Every time i swung around I'd get another taste.

After my first year I went to a college without a Greek system. Even though I did go back to a very large school I never went back Greek. Never helped me in my life after school. The only things it's ever done for me was get me followed and pulled over by a cop. When I lived in Tuscaloosa my fraternity had just got permanently shut down and kicked off campus there because of massive cocaine use. He saw my fraternity sticker on my back windshield and apparently figured I'd be an easy bust. Little did he know I was a transplant and had no ties to the local chapter.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    I've never had to rely on a group of others like a frat party to edify my qualifications. I've always done my own networking organically, and certainly appreciate anyone who introduced me to their network. I repay them by use of the golden rule and
    My word is as good as my actions.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    OMG I completely forgot about how serious we all were about that "you don't call your country a cunt" thing around the word "frat" lol! Fun memories!
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I was asked to join a fraternity after a party at one. They told me it would mean another year or year and a half at the college. I passed on it. I met my first stripper at the party. She got topless. I had never been to a strip club so that was my first tme seeing a stripper strip. If I wanted to party a lot more, a fraternity would have been great. Spending an extra year at college? no thanks. At least the guy I spoke to was honest. If they told me they had a stripper in the basement every week, I might have been tempted.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I was already friends with a number of smoking hot girls. If I knew then what I know now, probably would have hooked up a lot more. Might have never visited a strip club. Talk about a radical life change. Today you feel lucky to see one or two hot girls in a club, back then, somany hot girls, I didn't know where to start. I remember in one chemistry class, I couldn't concentrate at all on The teacher. The assigned seat I had was stadium seating and I had to look past about a dozen girls dressed like daisy duke with smoking hot legs. torture it was.
  • RandomMember
    9 years ago
    I went to The University Of Chicago which had a reputation of 'where fun goes to die'
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ...and I bet U Chicago has produced way more Nobel Prize winners than rock stars.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Random, that is true!!!
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    does NYC even have frat clubs? None of the locals live on campus
  • DaOnion
    9 years ago
    Got your lingo wrong. No such thing as a frat club. NYU & Columbia might, but not sure.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Well that explains why I didn't know. Seems only the "elite" schools have Fraternities. I couldn't go to NYU because it doesn't have my degree. Though it still sounds like something you'd have to stay on campus for....which I won't bother to do.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion