tuscl

Thank You TUSCL / Follies Question

IHearVoices
954 (South Florida)
Friday, February 26, 2016 4:11 PM
First, thanks to everyone for providing lots of entertainment and introducing me to a whole new world of SCs: the crown jewel of which being the club mentioned in the subject line. If not for TUSCL, I'd have gone through life thinking KOD was the pinnacle of clubs - although at the time, it was much closer to that than it is now - and wanting to go to places like Magic City and Onyx. I may never see the inside of those places now, and I'm probably better for it. Speaking of those two and the aforementioned spot, I'm going to Atlanta next week. I've gone to Follies maybe 4-5 times and like many of you, I prefer the dayshift (although my recollection of nightshift is that it's not really bad, just that fun isn't as readily available as dayshift). Anyway: the question is whether any day(s) of the week stand out. I'll be there for almost a week, so any day except Thursday is an option. As long as I'm here, any suggestions on where to watch the UFC event? Still interested in it, even with dos Anjos being out: Nate Diaz is going to talk himself into an Irish right and Holm/Tate should be good.

22 comments

• VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Shadow is the master on Follies. My experience: Sun, Mon, Tue - Not enough quality girls. Wed, Thu, Sat - Best days Fri - Good talent but so crowded.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah; I SCed for about 12 years (mostly in Dallas and Miami) b/f I joined TUSCL and TUSCL def took my perv game to a new level and also made me aware of everything that’s out there across our great nation and even internationally I’ve made 3 or 4 SC trips in the last 2 years to ATL and Follies mostly b/c of what I’ve learned on TUSCL about the area. Not being a local my Follies data-set is thus limited – but I have had good times there on Saturday afternoons – often times is a bit slow early-on particularly with the chocolate talent but by late afternoon (4/5 pm) seems lots of more dancers on the floor. My Su dayshift visit in my last trip was not bad but club was slower early-on compared to Sat dayshift; but did pick-up later in the afternoon. I also hit the club the next day on Mo afternoon and it was packed custy-wise but the talent although not bad not to what I had enjoyed on Sat afternoon (per my tastes). w/ so many dancers on any day it doesn’t hurt to go by and spend some time and see how it goes but per my limited experience it seems late afternoon is best dancer-wise.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    “… any suggestions on where to watch the UFC event …” Loot at VeryBigDawg’s reviews and do a keyword search for “tv”
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    I've been on Monday (although that was Memorial Day, so it really doesn't count), Friday, and two Sunday afternoons. They seemed equally entertaining. Got there early the last couple times. I remember streams of girls coming in between 1:30 and 2 and then again between 3:30 and 4. The Friday visit was in November: it got packed really early, which I think had a lot to do with the fact that it was raining (a lot of people looked like day laborers). It does seem like a different place by 4, I'll say that. The nice, quiet place (comparatively speaking) is pretty much gone by then. Only thing is, if I go Friday I'm not leaving to head into rush hour traffic. If I don't leave by 3:30, I'm staying until 6:30...which I've done before. Seems like Saturday is a really good day, which might work if they're showing the fight. I could just arrive in the afternoon and marathon it out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    “… remember streams of girls coming in between 1:30 and 2 and then again between 3:30 and 4 …” Perhaps they may have a mid-shift as many clubs do thus late-afternoons one has overlap b/w the dayshift and mid-shift dancers (thus more dancers in total)?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    “… Seems like Saturday is a really good day, which might work if they're showing the fight. I could just arrive in the afternoon and marathon it out …” I don’t think Follies is a good place to watch sporting events – I don’t recall too many if any TVs but I was probably “distracted”; plus the club gets too packed and is too small – best to choose the biggest SC possible that has a good # of TVs and get there a bit early in the eve to grab a decent seat w/ a good view of the TV.
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    They probably do: like Tootsies, but earlier since the club closes earlier. I will say the one time I was there during mid-shift, I remember the club being pretty quiet between 7 and 9...but that was not only a Sunday, it was the night before Memorial Day. Trying to piece together my visits, it seems like the most action is available between 4 and 7.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah - 4 thru 7 sounds about right
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    That's what's so great about Tootsies. I watched UFC 194 there and it was great. It was on just about every TV in the club (the sports area and the main area). I mainly watched in the sports area, but I can focus on sports if that's what I really want to watch. The girls will be there later. I think Follies has 3 TVs: one at each end of the U-shaped walkway by the bar and one in that small area right up front to the right as you walk in.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Tootsies is Tootsies is a great place to watch sporting events but now-a-days they often charge extra to watch PPV fights in the sportsbar area – and on the main-floor it gets so packed that if one wants to leave after the fight it can take like 30-minutes to be able to make your way out of the club; it’s beyond SRO. Cheetah Hallandale also has a TV room of sorts but I’ve never been in it and IDK if they charge to sit there for the PPV fights (Cheetah’s TV room is not tiny but def smaller than Tootsies’ sportsbar).
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    It was as full as I'd ever seen it during 194: that was the only time I ever saw the sports bar full (I had to stand to watch it). Didn't pay extra, though. A lot of people left right after the fight, but a fair few of them stayed. I've only gone to Cheetah once - thankfully, before the raid and all. I think I saw reviews saying it got tame after that...which is bad with the options that are less than 10 minutes away.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Latest Cheetah Hallandale reviews state mileage is pretty-high these days – I visited the time we hit Vixens (on my way home) and got some good mileage in the LD-room (but probably not what it was b/f it got shut-down a couple of years ago).
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    I may have to do an SC crawl next time I'm down there: maybe in that Hollywood/Hallandale area and one in South Dade (but I never feel like driving way down there, and then there's that blasted tip walk at a few of those spots). Want to try out the Trap too, just because.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    South Dade is kinda a waste of time IMO. I used to like hitting Showgirls a couple of years back b/c they had a decent mix of Latina; white, and black dancers; but these days; like many SoFlo clubs; Showgirls is kinda almost all Cuban chicks; still not a bad visit but I’m not into the Cuban chicks (plus I get pissed w/ them charging $25/dance and often playing songs at about 3 minutes and some shorter).
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    Yeah, the $25 spots I go to at least play decent length songs. I can't think of one that's a real problem in that area...well, Playhouse had that one stretch where the DJ wanted to be a DJ but I just didn't get dances until that stopped (which it did after about half an hour). Cheaper spots, though? Ugh. I'd rather they just charge double the price and play the whole song rather than half a song for whatever price.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I'm going to say that Mon & Tue are the worst days for dancer turn out. I went last Saturday and it was lousy. So I went again on Sunday and it was great. I've given up trying to figure out the best day. You just never know what dancers are going to show up unless of course you are texting with them.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I went to Follies a few months ago on a Sunday afternoon. I figured that the talent would be poor but it was the only day that I could make it. To my surprise, the talent was outstanding. It was better than many weekdays. So I think scat is right, there is no way to know what day will be best. Jus go and see what you find. And remember, a bad day at Follies is still better than a good day at many other clubs.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    I'll defer to shadowcat's expertise here, but will say that my one and only visit was on a Sunday afternoon, and the number and quality of the girls was very good. Of course, the contact high from the weed dealers at the next table might have influenced me. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    “… I went to Follies a few months ago on a Sunday afternoon. I figured that the talent would be poor but it was the only day that I could make it. To my surprise, the talent was outstanding. It was better than many weekdays …” This reminds me of my little go-to black dive down here in Miami where it’s often jumping Sat and Su late-afternoons – one assumption that I have is that perhaps there are part-time dancers that may mostly just dance on weekends due to either having another job during the week or being in school?
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    My times were equally excellent, regardless of day. Follies is different like that, apparently. I wouldn't be caught dead at Tootsies during the week unless it was my birthday or something: same goes for pretty much anywhere else unless I'm only there during the week. That "every day is a great day" is part of what makes Follies special...and then there's the truism that I pointed out to a friend of mine earlier this week: it's not the club, it's the girl (although I did throw Follies in as an exception to that). I'll just plan my Follies trips around the rest of my schedule, and maybe open my wallet a little bit more than I currently expect to with an extra trip if necessary.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    For mileage Follies seems to be pretty-much the only game in town AFAIK. Even w/ my propensity for the all-black clubs; in my last ATL trip I hit Follies 4x with 3x being on dayshift (and did not regret it).
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    I would spend like crazy, but I have that trip to Dallas in April and so far there are 5-6 SCs in that rotation. Also have a few things coming up over the next few months so I should try to save...although that may not work out well...and I have carved out a decent amount for this trip.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion