tuscl

The already lean SE states scene is drying up....

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:36 PM
Long time member here, just wondering if anyone else is "concerned" about the changes in the scene in the Southeast. We used to have Memphis, then it died and went to Lameville. The reviews and rules at the South Carolina clubs are trending in the wrong direction quickly. Alabama is and always has been a terrible state for clubbing, Atlanta is air dance central. My SO and I love a good strip club trip, but they are being legislated out of existence. There is currently no club within 5 hours of us worth a trip. I feel the end may be near for me and the hobby unless things perk up. BTW don't suggest Follies, the girls are a train wreck and the open drug dealing kind of kills the club. My wife doesn't feel safe there, and I don't blame her.

14 comments

• JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Yeah the southeast is headed downhill fast. NC clubs, which used to look mediocre, now look a lot better given the demise of SC clubs. I do have to disagree with you on Follies and Atlanta though. Follies has some cute women and there are several other clubs in Atlanta where you can get good mileage and extras.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Finding the perfect strip club that offers high-mileage; good-looking dancers; and where a wife would be happy; it’s probably a bit hard since often times requirements are in opposition to each other. But yeah; seems good SC areas are more of the exception than the norm and seems as if more localities are becoming anti-SCs rather than pro-SCs. With so many things becoming legalized these days one would think it’s about time the sex industry which many people enjoy should also by now be legalized – alcohol prohibition did not work and one would think sex prohibition works even less.
  • MASCULINIST100
    8 years ago
    I'm afraid the same thing is happening in the Northeast. My ATF works at a bikin bar that used to offer high mileage in the back told me some girl got caught showing a nipple at the bar by a government asshole. Now the place sucks.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    We need people here in Detroit. The big city is staging a revival,sure, the neighborhoods suck, but we need people to work in all the new startups. And the strip club scene is strong !! I agree it sucks to see your businesses suffering, we've been through that cycle a few times, but the clubs came back.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    We have lots of members in the SE, and they do post about these issues. But mostly they seem to be consistently getting what they want. Just curious. There have been threads about the recent extensive LE activity in Greenville South Carolina. Has anyone seen anything whatsoever which would connect the crackdown in any way to Bob Jones University? SJG
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I agree about Follies. It is a very bad place. Just stay away to be safe.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    :)
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    Isotope, I think what you are seeing is more a shift in hot-spots, than a "drying up" of Southeastern SCs. I agree that Memphis is now lame, and Nashville has been air dance Hell for decades (ever since they "cleaned up" Printer's Alley), but the action is not all gone - just moved. South Carolina has been getting soft (pun, pun) for six or seven years and I don't see a resurgence in the near future. No Carolina has long been mostly cold, and Miss, Ala, Arkansas and LA (outside of NOLA) have never been SC havens. Texas runs hot and cold. The Atlanta suburbs have several hot clubs where stripper action is certainly available. Even though ATL is "cleaning up," the action didn't disappear - just moved. With almost 40 clubs in the area, there are always shifts in where the action happens. I realize enforcement and new regs have hurt Hot Lanta but action can still be found (besides Follies). Southeast Florida is mostly a strip club Mecca. Nude clubs with bar service, topless clubs and hundreds of "saunas," and MPs all offer almost complete menus plus lots of hot club entertainment. Even Jacksonville now has some action and the Tampa area has several good clubs.. NOLA is "cleaning up" right now, but I expect a change back to the old "hot" NOLA after the next local elections. My guess is that there are more "extras" clubs in the SE than ever before. If you want a "road trip" SC experience, south east FL would be my first recommendation. A nearby destination might be Savannah (Scores) if just one club, plus a great tourist town will work. Otherwise, even a "clean" Bourbon St. in NOLA is still pretty hot and it is another great destination. Do not give up, extras are available near and far.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Dude I feel you. There are no good clubs within a 3 hour radius of me, so I put all my eggs in trips to Detroit every few months, or an occasional outing when I am traveling for work. It's tough though, when you've been to the best it's hard to digest the mediocre. It's like when you get to drive a Lamborghini on vacation, the minivan in your garage just doesn't cut it for the daily-ness
  • dutchman2000
    8 years ago
    Dancer told me Memphis was going from Bikini to pasties now. But I've seen no evidence that that is true. In fact I've seen a few mid-drift covers lately, but that may be due to winter/Holiday poundage.
  • Electronman
    8 years ago
    During a recent trip to the Penthouse club in NOLA's French Quarter, I was required to sign a statement acknowledging that sex would not occur in the club during a private dance. That's pretty pathetic practice for a city that has made a fortune on rowdy, horny tourists and developed a reputation for debauchery. Needless to say, I didn't waste much money in the French Quarter strip clubs.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    more old people are dying than young people are making money??? That or paying for sex is better than blue balls.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    I feel sorry for those brother PL's stuck in the Bible Belt.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Everything people say about the South is probably true. But most all of it is always about White Southerners. Not everyone in the South is White. When I go to the South, I won't be having much contacts with Whites at all. So I don't expect to have any problems whatsoever. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion