tuscl

Lost Another One

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
The BBC is reporting that David Bowie has passed away from cancer.

Ground control to Major Tom

14 comments

• londonguy
    9 years ago
    A true legend. His fantastic, unique and memorable music will live forever.
  • nemesisk7
    9 years ago
    NIN was friends with the guy

• nemesisk7
    9 years ago
    remember the im scared of americans video
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    RIP Mr. Bowie.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    David Bowie was close to my age.

Changes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VZC3suT…
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    Sad. He was an incredible artist. One of my favorite Bowie songs:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMThz7eQ6K0
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I read an interesting article about him this morning. He was relatively quiet after the 80s and the article stated he was tired of fame and all the bullshit that came with it, so he stepped back.

I loved his 80s stuff, but Tin Machine sucked.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "I read an interesting article about him this morning. He was relatively quiet after the 80s and the article stated he was tired of fame and all the bullshit that came with it, so he stepped back."

I admire anybody that does that! He made his money, he made great music, and after a certain point it seems like he just made the music he wanted to make and didn't care if it was popular! A brilliant way to live!

Bowie was mostly before my time, but I loved many of his CDs! Hunky Dory, Ziggy, Low, Heroes, and even Tin Machine!
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    since when did big black cocks do more than cry over vagina. LOL I'm just poking at your funny bone. I am humbled by our loss
  • magicrat
    9 years ago
    I just listened to his new album which just came out Friday, also his birthday. It is really good....his going away present for us.
  • Cheo_D
    9 years ago
    Constant transformation of both the art and the artist, across various different forms of performance. From Major Tom to Lazarus, ch ch ch chaaanges, indeed, was in his essence. In an interview he once said something to the effect, of, I'm comfortable writing and producing for others, but not so for myself, so I create these characters, and write for them, and then get on the stage and play their roles.

And yes, he made it to the point he was able to do what he wanted and if it was a hit, great, if not, move on. And to live to see himself the subject of a hugely succesful exhibit at major world museums. Gone too fucking soon.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Here's a link to ground control major Tom.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFks9A9TCF…

Clemson fans probably feeling a bit sad right now as well. They lost the last game. They are still winners in my mind though.
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    He was in 39 movies as well, including the recent Quentin Tarantino movie, Inglorious Bastards.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    +1 Rech

Wow. What memories. Treasure them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion