tuscl

Is anyone aware of a marijuana drug test for second hand smoke where the non smo

I read Follies reviews that said there was pot smoke.
I read evidence of one study where people were tested after one hour of second hand smoke.
That test would not represent conditions in a strip club where you might stay for hours drinking drinks exposed to smoke as well.
A test where someone was exposed to heavy exposure for a few hours might be similar. I'm thinking it would cause a failed drug test even with just second hand smoke. One hour versus a few and possibly exposure on consecutive days I'm thinking would increase the odds of a failed test. Is anyone aware of a study of second hand smoke lasting a few hours or possibly consecutive days of a few hours for two or more days?
Based on comments of people feeling high or different from second hand smoke, I will likely avoid visiting Follies unless I hear of a study indicating nonsmokers exposed to a few hours of second hand smoke clear all drug tests.

Anyone heard of a study lasting hours?

8 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I have been exposed to the second hand pot smoke at Follies for up to 5 hours at a time. I also have COPD. Just 52% of normal lung capacity. I have never felt any ill effects from my visits.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Don't bogart that joint, ma friend. Pass it over to me
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    It's the thc in your system, second hand smoke or not. Shadow would most likely test positive if he's breathing it every week.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I guess I could have left Follies out of the discussion. It could be any strip club where you could be exposed to second hand smoke where you might be concerned about possibly failing a drug test even if you are a non smoker.
    I was just wondering if anyone knew of any scientific test that was conducted a lot longer than one hour. I did a google search and found John Hopkins did a one hour test under a couple of different conditions. However I also read the thc can stay in your system and accumulate and some people claiming they failed drug tests just being around heavy users in a car or house and they did not smoke it. I was wondering. I am not a drug expert.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    It is very unlikely that you'd fail a drug test this way, unless you were with someone who was smoking in a small, enclosed place for hours (like a closet or car) and took a test within hours after.

To test positive for THC, the element of weed which makes you high and is therefore what is tested for, you can't just have a tiny trace of THC in your system; to test positive, the amount of THC found must exceed the given threshold, so that you can't just fail a drug test by being around someone who was smoking. So not only is it unlikely, but even more unlikely for the situation you described.

Link to a study
    http://www.newsweek.com/could-second-han…
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    The threshold for a positive urine test (usually 50 nanograms) is plenty high enough that you cannot test positive from second hand smoke,
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the info but that was some of the same stuff I already read. it appears no one did a study lasting hours, just one hour under two different conditions. I thought I read thc could accumulate. I guess the rumors of people testing positive when they didn't smoke anything will stay rumors until someone does more testing. I'm not sure how heavy the pot smokers are in clubs either. It probably is nothing to worry about except if I got tested and failed, I would be out of a job. I'll just skip clubs with second hand illegal smoke for now.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    For the pee test it's hard to fail unless you smokes up right before.

The blood test is way more sensitive.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion