tuscl

10 Reasons Why You Should Never Judge A Stripper

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

14 comments

• georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    There *are* some nuggets of truth to that list.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Reads like a SW post. Most (not all) dancers are flaky immature self centered women with emotional issues as well as having substance abuse issues. Many/most are prostitutes in some form. The myth that they are like the character in "Pretty Woman" - a diamond in the rough - does way more damage than good.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    OMG, how many times have I heard that... "In the movie pretty woman she doesn't kiss, I don't kiss either, but I like you so I'll make an exception." - bitch you're comparing yourself to a prostitute!!!!!
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I never judge strippers cause they don't judge me.

The list has both valid points, and compete feminist bullshit.
  • Deadpresidents
    9 years ago
    That list is kind of stupid. I don't think you should "never" judge a stripper. I think you should judge each girl based on how they act and what they say. Most are druggies and prostitutes. A lot are just bad people. Some are nice , but in that industry it seems to be fleeting that girls stay true to who they are (if they were ever nice).
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    rockstar666 - but she WAS a prostitute in Pretty Woman...
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Sounds like an ad for a club looking for dancers. No mention of what they need to do to earn the BIG bucks.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Nina, my point was that she was so unlike the average sex worker, which is fine for dramatic license, but truly this is the exception. The 10 point list jackslash linked makes it seem that dancers are more similar to this character than the reality we PL's have come to know. How many of us have had sex with a dancer in some form but she firmly denies she's a prostitute? Not that I have a problem with prostitution but the self delusion of these girls IS a problem.

As for "judging" dancers....well if I'm just in it for ITC fun there's no reason to, but it gets tiresome to deal with SS ITC or beyond that. Does she really want me to just accept how her unemployed BF beats her and takes her money yet she won't l;eave because she "loves" him, or should I be neutral about how she lost custody of her child from neglect or child endangerment, even though she's "her whole world" and her name is tattooed all over her body? Should I not care that she flakes on 50% of her dates, never seems to have money for her basic needs beyond clothes and drugs, and her pit bull is her role model? Should I overlook how she needs money above and beyond for rent and car payments?

Like I said, if I'm paying for sex, all I judge is how good the sex was. But if she's going to be more than that, how can one not evaluate her life choices as part of the equation?
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    If I were to flag two of those reasons as particularly unrealistic or overly-romantic, they would be:

"She's confident and secure". Partly right, she is certainly more confident and secure than I am, about being naked in a room full of strangers -- hands down, she wins there. But in my experience, strippers in many cases have incredibly low self-esteem, sometimes badly covered by the female-equivalent of the fake machismo-style confidence many men display. As a group, they are as unconfident and insecure as any I've run into. Someone who thinks strippers as a group are "confident and secure" hasn't socialized with strippers outside the club at all.

"She's empowered". Just as the article thinks this flows, at least partially, from her being confident and secure, in real life, neither are true. The things she puts up with in her job, the things many strippers put up with in their real life, it's just a silly thought to think of her as empowered. In real life, that's the last thing strippers feel.

That said, beyond the fun male-bonding "bros before hos" stuff (basically tuscl equivalent of SW posing & bravado), I personally don't think there's anything in it for me to "judge" strippers, call them hos, etc. I have met some wonderful (sadly damaged, but wonderful) strippers
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    In an ideal world all of those are true, unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Strippers aren't worth the effort of being judged in the first place. A good stripper doesn't have it down as a career. It's a part time job as she works her way legitimately up the Corporate ladder.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^agreed.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    When a guy goes to a strip club, it's the proof that he can't get it for free. The ones who do the condescending resentment thing towards strippers are the ones who can't deal with that fact.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Well rockstar666 and whomever concurs with his sentiments, it's a generalization to assume that most strippers have abusive boyfriends they give all their money to, along with children they neglect, and whatever else... Some of you guys fish strictly for extras girls and plenty of them have issues, but the article is about strippers - all of them, not just the whores you fuck.

I have no kids, would NEVER date / stay with an abusive man, attend a university, and live by myself in a 2bedrm apartment in an affluent city. I pay my own bills and I work hard. My best friend is still a virgin and she also strips. She just moved back from Chicago, where she danced and lived by herself independently. She also attended a fancy arts college out there. I have other friends who dance, either are good mothers or have no kids, etc. I'm not saying I'm a saint, I drink and smoke weed and whatnot, but I am doing better in life and making more money than most people my age. I'm not the trainwreck that some of you guys think is the norm.

It also depends on the club and the area. I now work at a non-extras club and plenty of girls I work with either attend universities or already have degrees. So yeah...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion