tuscl

Did the governor of Texas see "The Passion" well that's "R" adult entertainment

Tuesday, April 13, 2004 7:34 PM
Just a thread for why it's usually best to not pass judgement on others or you may be judged. If you haven't seen my other two posts, the governor of Texas is proposing a tax on adult entertainment. I believe he's thinking strip clubs but the wording I've heard sounds vague "adult entertainment". I could see this trend spreading to other states. Watch an exception come out for religious movies though. Feel free to comment.

2 comments

• TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    I just so happened to see "The Passion" tonight...From what I saw, the Romans were depicted as badly as the Jews... I personally think it was a bit overdone with the scourging, since no one could survive such a skin flaying without bleeding to death. I have the feeling Mr. Gibson may have put out some funds for such a controversy, to hype up the film.
  • MistressDEvil
    20 years ago
    Hmm. wonder. What would be considered a "religious" film? A movie about Mohammed that detailed his life and times (like the Passion) that was rated R? Something on the old-testament level that was equally as violent--say David and Bathsheba, which wouldn't upset the Jews like the Passion does? A nice little old movie like the Wicker Man? All these in my book are "religious movies." Then again, my religion isn't normal either. We're accepting of other religions. Maybe that is why I can be open minded about Strip Clubs, Dancers, and sexual preferences. Hmm. Something to think about. I KNOW I'm not a Jerry Falwell. I actually like Tinky Winky. Grins. D.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion