tuscl

Never Pay in Advance

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
The best advice I ever received on TUSCL was, "Never pay in advance." Here is a perfect illustration from a recent review of the Penthouse Club in Detroit"

"There were about 15 dances working, which was pleasant surprise considering it was Monday. I saw one 9, two or three 8, and others were maybe 6 - 7. I got a private dance from a blonde girl (9) right before the place closes. She said $25 per song, but settled for $40 for two songs. When we went to private area, she asked me to pay her in advance, which I did. It was not a smart idea. In the middle of the first song, the place stopped the music for closing and she stopped dancing as well and kept the money."

I trust that no one at the TUSCL meet at the Penthouse next week will be this naive.

23 comments

• motorhead
    9 years ago
    I don't know Chief, if she's very smart or very dumb
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    well i know i'm stating the obvious, but he just got flat out robbed. they should have refunded him his money.

i have no choice but to pay in advance because the vast majority of clubs i've been to operate that way
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Vikings makes a good point. Some clubs pre pay is the policy. But I wouldn't pre pay if I know its not a club policy and she just wants the money upfront. If its your first time at a particular club and not sure, what then?
  • dtek
    9 years ago
    If you prepay for multiple dances within three minutes (one song's length) of closing time, you're asking to get robbed.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^true.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    This is can odd predicament though. Usually there's announcements stating they are closing soon.
  • AnonymousJim
    9 years ago
    I kind of consider you naive if you go to Penthouse and *only* get dances, ahem.

The good thing about Penthouse is there's not a lot of oversight. That's how you can end up getting FS from a blonde 9 with DDs there for the right price, which would be unthinkable at most other places.

That good thing, the lack of oversight, can also be a bad thing, though, and the right ROB can take advantage.

I get the impression the upstairs bouncer basically just kind of has to keep mental notes on which rooms are occupied and which ones aren't so he can give you a room if you want "dances" (I still laugh). If you asked him to pursue an payment dispute, especially when you negotiated a different dance price with the girl, I bet he'd laugh and say, "As long as she covers the cost of the room per dance, prices for stuff here are between you and her."

Honestly, I think you should avoid the last 45 minutes of the night at Penthouse. I've never had a good experience there, or at Flight Club, that late. I think the worthwhile women have already made their money by that time and might have already left.

I think there are two different approaches one can take at Penthouse, too: The first, which I know a lot of you believe in, is to negotiate services & costs up front. You probably get the best value that way because you're in position to make a "take what I'm offering, or take nothing and I walk away" offer. You can land in this guy's situation if you do that, though. Also, just because a woman LOOKS like one you want to take upstairs, doesn't mean she will be anything but mechanical once you get there. But when you've already promised $X, it's difficult to renegotiate once she performs the service.

The other approach is to say "I'll just start with dances" and see where things go. Granted, once she's got you in the room and she knows the blood is in the wrong head, she can probably ask for a lot more money and know you'll probably give in if you decide you want more. But, at least then you'll have figured out she good at what she does by that point and that you do really want more. This has worked better for me.

The big thing at either place: If any red flag goes up with the girl you're doing business with, walk away, because you're probably not going to get a lot of bouncer help if she takes your wallet, overcharges you for negotiated services, etc. There are other options.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the Penthouse update. Good info for the meet up.
  • BigPoppa99
    9 years ago
    Jackslash, something similar happened to me once. Where a ROB shorted me on two dances but kept the money, all of it. Another dancer, a friend told me to never pay in advance. Show her that you have the money, but don't give it to her until services are rendered, in full. I learned my lesson.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Good advice.

Make sure you know what time it is
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Most clubs i have been to announce the last set, so you should have an idea that they are closing soon, unless you are boob drunk
  • Experimental
    9 years ago
    If a red flag goes up in an interaction with a stripper anytime anywhere, walk away, not just at the penthouse.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Crazyjoe was here
  • jayhawk123
    9 years ago
    When I was at Mons Venus recently on out of town business I had already gotten dances from 2 hot girls and was thinking about leaving. A girl came up and offered me a 2 for $50 and I knew I had that so we go sit down to wait for next song and she wants me to prepay her for the songs. The 2 previous girls didn't have me prepay. I said no and she said how do I know you have the money. I just got up and walked away from her. It was her loss.
  • Dancer_
    9 years ago
    Shame on her - he should have complained to management. I am pretty sure, he wouldn't be the first to report her behavior, so probably she would get punished. However, girls who demand payment upfront are not necessarily ROBs. All strippers were stiffed at least once. So as a customer, I don't have any issues with prepay system. As a dancer, I
    feel more comfortable in clubs who make guys pay first. It's a pity that not US clubs are like that, imo. Oh, well. I have to oblige. Although I always make Indians, Arabs, hoodrats, drunks and dudes with poor English pay upfront, idgaf.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I can't recall ever having to prepay for a lap dance but there have been a couple of times that the dancer has insisted on prepay for VIP. I was probably lucky in those few cases that I still got a good session.

Most of us have heard that it only takes once for a dancer to get stiffed before she demands pre payment. I have to wonder just how prevalent getting stiffed is.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I could tell a dancer I've been robbed by prepaying. I will not leave money on the sofa either. I got hit by a con artist several years ago. promised several dances at only ten per dance. on only the second song she undid my belt then said the bouncer whom I couldn't see wanted to talk to her. she disappeared. with my money.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    these con artists don't work long at any one club but if they can easily move around, they keep at it. That was one reason I stopped getting dances from band new dancers for a while. sometimes though, you don't think rationally when a hot girl is pressing up against you. prepaying was the problem.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I never prepay – I assume I will get ROBed even if that's not the case.

I can understand dancers being weary after they get burned – in case they insist the best I'll do is tell them I'll pay them after each song instead of at the end of a string of dances.

If doing a VIP and they are weary about payment I'll show them I have the $$$ to put them somewhat at ease but will not prepay.
  • AnonymousJim
    9 years ago
    As outlined upthread, yes, a lot of clubs, you have to pay for at least one dance to even get into the couch room with the dancer, and/or pay a bouncer the VIP fee to even get into a room, meaning yes, you basically have to prepay something. These clubs, however, are also usually very thorough about oversight, as the bouncer that takes that money tends to sit at a cash register, keep track of how many songs you've done and usually also has access to a security camera feed. For the most part, these are clubs where prices are non-negotiable and extras aren't to be found.

Some of us live in areas of the country where these are the only options and while we tend not to get ripped off, we also tend to not have as much fun.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    shadowcat,

You asked, speaking of dancers,
    I have to wonder just how prevalent getting stiffed is.

I would say less with money than dick.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Pre-pay is the *only* way in Louisville, with only two exceptions that I know of, PT's and Deja Vu, both of which are overpriced ($30 per song) except when they do two for ones.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    My regulars let me pay when we've returned back at my table as long as they have enough for the house already in their garter, but new dancers frequently want VIP or CR in advance. I'm fine with it. The bouncer that checks them in is told how many dances the PL wants so there's never a mistake. You can always add more of course, but I've never been cheated. In fact, with my ATF we always seem to go over (I don't have to pay for them of course).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion