tuscl

Why can't guys talk to each other?

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 2:50 PM
Have you ever noticed that guys almost never talk to each other in a strip club, unless of cours they're friends? I mean if you go into a regular bar, sooner or later you're going to have a conversation with the stranger on the barstool next to you. But this almost never happens in a strip club. And I remember one time there was another guy and I who always seemed to be interested in this same girl at the same time. So one time I went over and introduced myself (he was at the bar) and bought him a drink to see if we could work something out. The girl almost had apoplexy when she saw us together. Another time I was sitting by myself at a table and the joint was full, when another of my ATF's good customers came in looking for a seat (this place was also a popular restaurant as well as a strip club, and my ATF was waitressing at the time.) I told her to ask the guy to join me and she almost died. I don't get it. There must be rules I don't understand. Enlighten me please. Why can't guys talk to each other?

11 comments

• FONDL
    20 years ago
    I agree and I don't go to clubs looking to talk to guys either. It's just that I grew up in a small friendly town where everyone always says hello to each other, friend or stranger. This seems to work fine most places, except in strip clubs, unless you go to a small local neighborhood kind of place. Which is maybe why I usually enjoy such places more than the glitzy gentlemen's clubs.
  • Cachao
    20 years ago
    As the other poster said; the strip club experience, for some of us, is a personal experience.
  • pinhead
    20 years ago
    Re:cutting in line. I've told my fav that as long as I'm not in a hurry to leave and she's approaced by another customer(s) for a private dance, to take them first. I usually get 2 or 3 dances and alot of times other guys lose interest by the time we're done and she loses out.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Come on Sir Charles. What's the going rate to cut in line? You should have at least tried to get that out of him!
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    For me a lap dance is a one on one event and rarely something shared--even through conversation.
  • SirCharls
    20 years ago
    Maybe it is like when we go to the restroom...NO TALKING! :-D Seriously tho, I go in to a SC to talk to women. Funny story, I was waiting for a dancer to come off stage because we had set up a dance for right after. during her stage show, a man asked for a dance from her. She pointed to me and said something to the effect of, "I've got him first then you" Well, he must have heard wrong (loud music go figure) He immediately got up and walked over to me. He says, "I want a dance from Allura" "okay" "Do I pay you?" I laughed and said I was waiting for one too. he looked really embarassed and tried to laugh it off, and make small talk. Finally he just went away. I told the dancer and she burst out laughing. good times...
  • TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    Well, we are talking to each other here, and that's something to be glad about. In a face to face situation, especially in the club, there is sometimes the feeling that you want the girl "for you only". I have gone alone, and with buddies. I do nod and say hello to some guys I see from time to time at the same clubs, but it's like an unwritten rule that we all need our own space. If I want to chat it up with other men, I'll go to a sports bar when the game is on...
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I'm usually not too interested in talking to other guys. I'm usually busy watching or tipping the girls or talking to them. It is nice to go with friends though especially in a club that doesn't have music so loud that you can talk. I can easily get a hoarse voice trying to shout to someone sitting next to me in a Platinum Plus club (standard music volume is like sitting next to a jet engine). I just thought of when I might say something. It would be to the effect of can you save my seat? Lol, that's probably the most conversation I typically have with another guy except normal friends. Overall I would say that I talk to so many girls that I'm ready to just sit and watch the rest of the time. If I want to talk to a girl about every 5 minutes I just move to an area where I can be spotted more easily but I get tired of the do you want a dance routine every 3 minutes very quick. I believe the girls will actually go after a guy sitting alone much faster than a group of guys. There have been occasions when I wanted to get away from a dancer because she was talking too much. Usually that's not a problem though especially if I like the dancer.
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    It's my theory that guys do talk to each other if they are at the bar, even in stripclubs. But anywhere else is just strange. There is a guy who works the day shift at my job (I work nights) that I see once in a while at one of the clubs I visit, but I don't speak to him because I don't really know him and he might think I was some weirdo rather than some guy on the night shift at his job. Anyway, we ended up in a day-night group project at work and I asked during a break if he went to this club, and he said yeah. He said he thought he recognized me, but if he had come up to me, the girls might think he was a homo.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    PINHEAD: You're back! Good to see you posting again. As for the topic question, I have no idea. I've struck up brief conversations with guys who were sitting next to me at the tip rail or bar counter before, usually about the girl dancing in front of us or the game on the TV. Most of the time though, I'm usually sitting in the company of a lovely lady and having a conversation with her. Maybe it's a competition thing. Guys want to keep themselves free to get the attention of the dancer they're looking for, and then they don't want to share. Who knows? I sure as hell don't.
  • pinhead
    20 years ago
    I'm more inclined to speak with a guy who might be in for the first time, than I am with talking to a fellow regular. I try to help out a newcomer with some helpful hints or local knowledge. There was another regular that had similar taste in dancers that I had, and I thought about starting up some kind of conversation with him, but I never did, and he hasn't been around in a while. (The club has recently lost some of it's best talent, so he could have given up, if he's not broke). When I'm trying to kill time while I'm waiting for a fav to come on stage, I might head to the pool room. There have been times that another guy will ask to play and I usually go along with it, but I'm not always crazy about it. I mean, some of the guys you can met in a strip club can be pretty creepy!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion