tuscl

Phoenix club raided

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:27 PM
PHOENIX (KPHO/KTVK) - A notorious Valley strip club was raided by Phoenix police Thursday. Undercover detectives and patrol officers executed a search warrant at the Pink Rhino Cabaret on East Van Buren Street. Thus far police have released very little information about the raid or the nature of their investigation, although at the scene today, officers removed boxes of material from the cabaret. As part of the investigation, police also served search warrants at several other locations, including a new night club in downtown Phoenix called Club Luxx. According to promotional material, Club Luxx was scheduled to celebrate its grand opening Thursday night. According to sources, a number of people have been taken into custody. Sources also tell us that Phoenix Police Department is being assisted with the investigation by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control and the Arizona Attorney General’s Office.

11 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Never heard of this club – probably a dump – only 14 total reviews and none this year with only 4 last year.
  • azdd
    9 years ago
    I've never had a reason to step foot in this place, it is definitely a dive. The Pink Rhino was the location of a bizarre 2013 New Years Eve robbery at the club by a former employee. [view link]
  • grinddawg
    9 years ago
    What do you guys think? Prosty? Money laundering? Drugs?
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Never been to this club. I don't think this is about prostitution tho. It looks like money, drugs and no liquor licence.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Tax evasion most likely.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    I drove by this club in the shady part of town a couple times and wondered "what is this club like?" Thankfully I only wondered. Sounds like the raid is unrelated to sex business. Probably money.
  • crsm27
    9 years ago
    To me if they are "removing" boxes of stuff. It is either taxes, money laundering, possible under age dancers or something along that lines. Or drugs.
  • mark94
    9 years ago
    I expect that the robbery, where a Police Officer and an auxilary Deputy were shot, put this club very much on the radar of law enforcement. The inside guy arrested may very well have been singing about other things going on in the club.
  • mark94
    9 years ago
    Update: News is reporting there was an undercover sting offering to sell them stolen liquor. Also, drugs were being sold at the club.
  • TABB
    9 years ago
    I been to pink rhino once and that's when they opened. I know one of the old bouncer from CC at tempe become the shift manager at pink rhino. The scene is ghetto, urban type of club. They attract alot of NBA and NFL players. BTW Mario Lopez was supposed to do a hosting tv party at Luxx this past Thursday.
  • TABB
    9 years ago
    Almost forgot to mention. About 5 to 6 years ago pink rhino was called something else and had super attractive dancers. It was really high posh type of strip club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion