tuscl

How far do dancers drive to work?

I met many dancers that have told me either that they live nearby or up to about an hour's drive from work perhaps 50 miles away. However I know of one dancer that drives about 250 miles (for the weekend) to go near one club not far from my location. How far do dancers typically drive to work?

5 comments

• nj_pete
    20 years ago
    One girl I used to see at Franks in Manville NJ drove from Philly 4 days a week to work. That's about 65 miles. Same reason as stated above, she did not want to run into people she knew. At least working her hours she was not in rush hour traffic.
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    When I first met my ATF, she worked less than 5 miles from her home. I even sat at the club once, and some guy beside me was telling me how hot she was and that she was his neighbor. I asked her about him, and he was her neighbor, but a jerk. She left that club, and the one she is at now, is about 50+ miles away. Not likely to see anyone she knows there, other than me.
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    FONDL,

Just a note of something that drives me crazy, and trust me, you are FAR from being the only one that does this. You stated in your discussion, "Others could care less and live nearby." I believe that you meant COULDN'T care less. It is difficult for me to believe how that "could care less" is more often said than "couldn't care less".
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    As you have already noted it varies widely. A lot of girls prefer to work an hour or more from home because it lessens the chance that someone they know will wander in. Others could care less and live nearby. I knew one dancer who drove nearly 2 hours each way every day, and another at the same club who lived a couple blocks away. Plus many girls work at more than one club at the same time. I met one lady not too long ago who was working at 3 different clubs. She apparently needed to to support her kids. I once spent an afternoon with a delightful girl who, when her shift ended, invited me to follow her to another club about an hour away where she was working the evening shift. These girls move around a lot.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    I was surprised to learn how many dancers in Detroit drive in from Flint--65 miles one way.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion