tuscl

OT: New Horizons at Pluto!

4got2wipe
In a brilliant place!
How many of you guys are paying close attention to the Pluto space probe? Little 4got2usethepapers and I are going to be sitting on the couch watching images from the edge of the solar system on the 15th!

Pluto is brilliant! :)

9 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    You should try going to a strip club some time. There are usually some heavenly bodies there.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    What @Shadowcat said.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Pluto was a planet.

Then not a planet.

Then a planet again. (Maybe?)

It changes its mind more than a 20 year old stripper.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Why are they probing Goofy's dog?
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Actually, 4got, Pluto is inside the orbit of Neptune right now, so it's not really on the edge of the solar system.. ;-)

However, you are correct that it will be a really neat show, and for me it will be must see TV.

And I don't understand why it's not a planet if it has at least one moon (Charon). Heck, Mercury and Venus don't even have one!
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    It has more moons than that.. Pluto is a planet dammit!

And the T-Rex is king of the dinosaurs, no matter what they come up with
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Aren't they considering Pluto and Charon more of a binary dwarf-planet system now, with something like four or five moons (including Charon)? And, IIRC, one of the qualifications to be considered a planet is that a planet has to clear its orbital path of leftover debris (not counting trojan asteroids); Pluto apparently hasn't done that.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "Aren't they considering Pluto and Charon more of a binary dwarf-planet system now, with something like four or five moons (including Charon)? And, IIRC, one of the qualifications to be considered a planet is that a planet has to clear its orbital path of leftover debris (not counting trojan asteroids); Pluto apparently hasn't done that."

PhantomGeek, yes, there are four moons in addition to Charon! See this brilliant video!
    http://www.universetoday.com/120640/chao…

Shadowcat, I did say "OT" for this thread! I like strip clubs but I have other interests too! ;)

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Judging by your brilliant reviews, you sure had me fooled.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion