tuscl

Recent Thread about Airport Strip Clubs

metaldude
Connecticut
Wednesday, June 10, 2015 1:08 PM
A review was recently posted for this club. While not actually in the airport if you look at the map its as close as you can get. [view link]

16 comments

• just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Isn't most strip clubs located near the airport ?
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    The Denver airport is like an hour away from downtown, so I'd be shocked if the strip clubs there are near the airport. In the Minneapolis area the clubs are all far from the airport. I'm not sure City of Industry had an airport Here in San Diego the clubs cluster near military bases. So there are some near Point Loma which is near the airport, but also some near Miramar, which is not near.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Also, some suburbs have more lenient rules than the city proper. Look at what's happening in Detroit right now.
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    9 years ago
    Once upon a time in Cleveland, there were a lot of clubs in an area called Brookpark near the airport. Brookpark eventually decided to clamp down on all the adult fun by declaring public domain and buying up the clubs and adult bookstores with the nastiest reps. They actually tore the building downs. Then they turned their attention to the remaining clubs by sending in a steady stream of undercovers. The whole area is a shadow of its former self and pretty lame.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^ lol I remember going to those adult bookstores when I was 15 and nobody ever saying a word! Lol The closest I know of would be some of the detroit clubs like landing strip which are next to DTW. Pittsburgh used to have a rub and tug and adult bookstore right at the end of the airport property. Not sure if it's still there. Toronto (YYZ) is another that has strip clubs right next door. Million dollar and landing strip are right there, but everything is close to YYZ as that has to be one of the biggest airports (acreage wise) I've ever seen in North America (or it least it feels that way because it takes 45 minutes to drive around it!
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    9 years ago
    Shailynn, I heard it was like the wild, wild west there at one time. The most notorious bar, I understand, was Pinky's. It was just like Lisa's Cabaret, which Pinky's owner bought when his club was dozed over.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I always thought that was an interesting area when driving over it on I71 or 480 coming into cleveland. It was all industrial with a lot of factories and this strip of dirty looking bars, adult bookstores and strip clubs probably to cater to the workers there. I remember hearing the bars were as busy as 9am as they were at 9pm because of the midnight shift.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Yes, that is interesting. Airports are fun to look at via Google Maps. I can distinguish make and model of most of the light aircraft at their tie downs. In Fresno CA, the City Lights strip club is right at the airport, on the perimeter street Airports are big, not easy to walk around. So being near is not the same as being inside the waiting area. Can't exactly be looking the other way about activities of questionable legality inside an airport. Click on this, a couple of planes tied down. Do some zoom outs to see where this is. [view link] SJG Steely Dan, Aja [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Not supposed to fly solo from the right seat: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Catalina Island, landings [view link] [view link] 1600 feet above the water [view link] Because it is crowned it will look like one is out of runway when one is only half way. But planes have gone over the cliff resulting in fatalities. It is always a serious of screw ups which cause this. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Do some zoom outs and then switch back to map view to see where this is: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    George Wallace, using garbage trucks to block Montgomery airport runways: " AL SCHACKMAN: We were playing at The Village Gate in New York, and we flew down with Nina’s husband, Andy Stroud, and were going to land in Montgomery. And we couldn’t land, and we flew over the runway, and it was filled with trash trucks, garbage trucks, all kinds of equipment. And the governor of Alabama had had that put out so that we couldn’t land. We eventually landed in Jackson, Mississippi, and chartered a single-engine, little single-engine plane. And we were kind of heavy, and the nose gear went up in the air like that, and the pilot said, "Well, we can’t take off like that." And we switched seats. Andy was moved up forward with my amplifier, and the plane settled down. And we took off and landed on a small runway in Montgomery and had to go through Alabama National Guard to get to the stage at the soccer field of the seminary. And there was a—it was a big platform. The stage had a little scrim around it, a little curtain. And I lifted up the curtain to see if I could plug my amp in somewhere, and saw that the stage was built on coffins, that were supplied by the black mortuaries in Montgomery. And it was pretty chilling to see that. " video [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Here is a place someone just reviewed: Treasure Club, Greensboro North Carolina [view link] And I know that some will be interested because it is on the outskirts of town, directly across the street from the Day's Inn for the airport. [view link] That is the Piedmont Triad International Airport, whose edge is just behind the strip club and within 1 mile. This is all 15 miles West of Winston Salem and at a major highway junction.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Maybe the air lines should go into the strip club business as a side line. Just think of what it would do for their frequent flyer programs.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Was it FAR 135 that the for hire services operate under? [view link] For myself. I want to be flying my own plane. Airports, being as big as they are, are difficult to circumnavigate on foot. Places like Half Moon Bay, Pismo Beach, and Santa Maria are still convenient. But for me, a folding bicycle on board would work well most places. Even that Greenville Platinum Plus is not far from an airport, and from the Day's Inn. And then there are lots of other such places two like City Lights in Fresno. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    And then there is the Reed Hillview Airport in East San Jose, close to lots of Vietnamese Coffee Shops and the East Ridge Shopping Center. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion