tuscl

We need a new name for this

Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:55 AM
Seems to me we've been arguing forever about when is a stripper a friend and we never seem to agree. I think the problem is that the term "friend" doesn't work very well in this context because we all have this view of our other friends and those relationships are clearly very different from our relationships with the strippers we all know and love. So what should we call that special girl, when it has clearly gone beyond just a normal dancer-customer relationship but there's still money involved and we probably don't get together anywhere but inside the club? Seems to me we need an new name. Any suggestions?

12 comments

• tom_pb
    20 years ago
    In the club she is an entertainer. If you actually have a friendly relationship outside the club she is a friend. If you have both then she is a "friendly entertainer".
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I don't think it's a problem that will keep me awake nights.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Correction: Perhaps there are superior neologisms . . .
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Fondl, Thank you, but now we have a more serious problem. :) In referring to NAMELESS STRIPPER FRIENDSHIP should it now be referenced as NAMELESS STRIPPER BUDDYSHIP or NAMELESS STRIPPER BUDDYDOM or something else? Be forewarned "buddyship" and "buddydom" are neologisms of me imagination. Perhaps there superior neologisms . . .
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I have no problem with "friend" except that in the stripper context it is so overused that I think it has developed a negative connotation. Girls must really get tired of customers asking "Do you think of me as a friend or as just a customer?" and similar. Nine times out of ten she's going to answer "friend" and it has no meaning. I just finished playing raquetball with a friend. My relationship with him is nothing at all like the relationship that I have with a girl I visit regularly, yet ours is clearly more than a business relationship. I think Kyle has the right word: "buddy." It perfectly describes a relationship with a nearly-nude girl who sits on my lap regularly and tell me all about what's going on in her life and vice-versa, yet I probably don't even know her name and maybe never will. I'm going to use "buddy" from now on. Thanks Kyle.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Honestly, as long as both parties understand the context involved, I think "friend " works just fine.
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    For my two cents, friend covers it nicely.
  • Mouse
    20 years ago
    How about "friendly provider."
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Shadowcat, :)
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Shadowcat, Sounds too cold.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I like the term friend or buddy. It is accurate and honest.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Fav and ATF come to mind immediately.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion