tuscl

Drink prices on club page.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Is the price of drinks shown on the club page of any value? If it says $6 is that for domestic beer, a long island iced tea, a shot of Cuervo or a bottle of water? What if the club has a different price for dancer drinks?

14 comments

• Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    I agree. I think Founder should have drink categories along with prices such as beer, liquor, wine, etc. along with dancer's drink prices.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    No !
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    ????

Where are drink prices shown?

I saw a reference to this a few weeks ago.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    motorhead- for instance

Follies
    (1412 reviews)

Club Type: Nude Dancers
    Dancer Ethnicity: Mixed
    Dance Prices: 10
    Drink Prices: 7.50
    Daytime Cover: 0
    Nighttime Cover: 5
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Around my town, (Detroit) drink prices vary from dayshift to nightshift at the clubs.

For instance, at some clubs, it's $3 for a domestic beer from 12pm to 8pm.
    After 8pm it becomes "night prices" and that same beer can be anywhere from $7 to $9 a bottle.

Some clubs also run bucket soecials of like $20 for 5 beers. But that's only day shift. Night shift that same bucket will cost you double.
    Most clubs around town don't charge a cover in the afternoon/day shift either.
    I've found most clubs charge a cover starting at either 8 or 9pm.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I stash a cooler out in my van full of soda and sandwitches...if i need refreshing i save my money and step outside
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Shadowcat,

When I log in and go to Follies, I can see everything you see, but NOT drink prices. Strange. I think that was the comment from a couple of weeks ago.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    motorhead I'm no geek. Suggest you drop a note to Founder or just forget about it because it's useless anyhow.
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    I find the drink price useful. I believe it usually refers to a bottle of beer since that is what the majority of patrons order at strip clubs.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    I agree that the current reporting of drink prices is pretty useless, which is why I make sure to discuss the prices of my liquor in each review. Most of those prices seem to be tied to beer, but I usually pay a lot more than those prices for jack on the rocks.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    It's not useful for me. If I want to know drink prices, I ask a waitress.

BTW, for some reason, the drink price disappears when I zoom in on a club page.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    The drink prices at all strip clubs: too high.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    I find it fairly useless as well. In addition to not having the context of what type of drink and the consumer of the drunk, there's also the time of day factor. Most places have much cheaper drinks during the day. A $5 cocktail at SR jumps to $15 after 8. Really though, I generally don't care about drink prices much.

I have the same problem with the dance prices figure. Lots of places have multiple options. Table vs Lap, Topless vs Nude, bundles of a few dances, etc.

Even the cover can be misleading. A lot of places around here have staggered covers, both for weekend vs weekday and even time of day beyond just day vs night. Its also a bit fuzzy if parking is included.

Really, if you want to get any information you've got to read reviews. I think it would be nice to have some sort of sort option for reviews based on some combination of usefulness and recentness too.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    ^What he said.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion