tuscl

Adiós, Sábado Gigante

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

15 comments

• DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    mierda! now how is san_jose_guy going to learn about the latest in the Mexican table dancing circuit?
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    No more Don Francisco? Ai ai ai!
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    No more sexy Latinas!
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I remember seeing a girl dubbed "the mexican Madonna" on that show. I think her name was Julie. hot stuff
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    A bigger Mexican icon than Hector Salanmanca
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    In loving memory of Hector.....

http://hectorsalamanca.com/
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    +1 Mikey
  • Cheo_D
    9 years ago
    ¡Coño! No más Don Francisco, nor El Chacal's trumpet? That's going to really mess up the Saturday evening plans of millions, isn't it. But 53 years is a great run, and it reflects the change in the demographics -- younger latinos with higher spending power are no longer into this sort of programming, so not much of a point for the network to keep it going.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I feel confident Univision will still have sexy girls, probably Latinas. There was one show on there that I used to watch. Lots of scantily clad girls dancing. I forget what it was called.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Used to call the Cuban stations in S. Florida LBC. Latin Babe Channels. They sure had some! :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… A bigger Mexican icon than Hector Salanmanca …”

Not all Latinos are Mexican – Don Francisco was Chilean.

The show has been around for 53 years but became international (in the Spanish speaking world) in 1986 when the show was moved to Miami and became part of the Univision broadcasting channel (sorta like a Spanish CBS) in 1986 (I believe Univision is also based out of Miami).

Don Francisco outta be rolling in $$$ - that show was 3 hours long so imagine all the advertising $$$ - plus they would have special advertiser sketches where they would feature a particular product (kinda like a live in program commercial) and I would imagine they charged the advertisers handsomely for this type of airplay.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    i actually was once part of the studio audience back in 1986 but have not watched the show much in the last 10 to 15 years since I rarely watch Spanish speaking TV.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I liked some of the Mexican soap operas... A well dressed gent getting slapped by a hottie in a mini skirt, who yells
    "Bastardo!"
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Papi.

Me bad. Good info. I didn't read the article and notice that Don Francisco was Chilean until after I posted my comment.

And I never realized the show originated from Miami.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Mikey,

Wasn't there a soap opera or sitcom - maybe 20 years ago - that must have taken place in the office of a company that designed women's lingerie?

I've searched the web for it but can't find anything. It had to of been on either Univision or Telemundo. It seemed like I ran across it on Sunday afternoons. They always had a lot of hot women running around in underwear, so it would catch my attention.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion