tuscl

Something odd about Fort Myers/Lee County strip clubs.

Saturday, April 4, 2015 1:03 AM
It's very odd. I just recently moved to Fort Myers, Florida, went to all Fort Myers proper strip clubs (Lookers, Babes, and Scarlett's Cabaret), and at all 3 of them, there was two way contact, and even customers including myself can touch and were touching the strippers on the boobs, on the neck, on the legs, everywhere except the genitals. Lap dances were/are also full friction at all 3 clubs with no air space at all. Not one single milimeter. But at the same time, roughly five years ago, a couple dancers at Lookers had told me that touching was illegal in Lee County at the strip clubs. And then I read something on a city-data forum that had mentioned something like 20 years in prison and having to register as a sex offender for touching the dancers at Lookers, Scarlett's, and Babes, and someone else had mentioned before that lap dances at all 3 of those clubs had 3 feet minimum between dancer and customer. I mean, 5 years ago I was told at Lookers that touching was illegal in Lee County, but just this month I was told at Lookers, Babes, and Scarletts that touching was allowed, as they told me, "anywhere except the vagina." At all 3 clubs when a dancer approached me to ask me for a dance, I told her; "In Key West, you can get me to have a lap dance with you, because touching is permitted at Key West strip clubs." And in all instances, she told me; "touching is permitted here, too." Can municipal/county strip club laws change or something in 5 years? I am a bit confused here.

10 comments

• grand1511
    9 years ago
    Laws can change or the enforcement of the laws can change. Changing priorities in law enforcement could mean that clubs aren't getting the same attention from police that they once did. I've never been to Ft. Myers and know nothing specific about its laws, but that could be one factor influencing a different climate in the clubs.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    smokey, I used to drive over to that area for work and spend about a week of every month there. This was like 20 years ago and it was pretty much as you state at that time. Was so unlike the Miami area and Key West, as you mentioned. I remember Lookers and Babes, and some very limited contact could be had if the dancer knew you.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I think it has more to do with what the dancers rules are and/or how much the club will let you and them get away with. I don't think that "touching" is legal anywhere in the U.S. but it goes on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah – it’s probably more of a “selective enforcement” thing – most localities probably have certain regulations w.r.t. contact in the SCs but in many areas these regulations are not enforced or enforced for a while then not. I think often times LE will leave the SCs alone unless they become too much of a nuisance and the locals start complaining – or sometimes some politicians decide to pick on SCs b/c of personal or more like political reasons.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    How soon before some Ft. Myers club becomes a haven for ruthless, cop killing terrorists?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ yeah - I know - it all starts w/ 2-way contact in the SCs and next thing you know society is lost :)
  • smokeybear
    9 years ago
    @georgmicrodong It's very unlikely to happen. The Fort Myers Police Department (FMPD) has been really cleaning up Fort Myers for the past decade or so. When a crime occurs, the FMPD investigates; they don't dilly-dally like in Chicagoland. And speaking of your point, the Chicago suburbs of Harvey, Sauk Village, and Ford Heights are practically allready havens for ruthless, cop killing terrorists! Same with East St. Louis and Washington Park!
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Yeah, but now that *you* are there, it won't be long before the police start neglecting their duties and things start going downhill. Or one of the club's hires you to shill for them. but I'm being redundant.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    All I know is that touching a stripper anywhere besides the shoulders and possibly the hips would be illegal and doesn't happen at any club in the U.S. Anything you read to the contrary on TUSCL is clearly a work of fiction.
  • smokeybear
    9 years ago
    Mr Deuce, so you are telling me that you think that touching the boobs is illegal nationwide straight from Capitol Hill in Washington, DC or something?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion