tuscl

OT: March Madness

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Everyone catch the ass-whooping Kentucky put on West Virginia last night.

Does anyone think any team out there can beat Kentucky?

I always pull for the underdog (unless it’s a fave team playing) but IMO Kentucky just has too much.

As an analogy – if you are in a fight w/ someone bigger than you; then you at least better be able to be faster than them.

But Kentucky is not only bigger than everyone else; but they are also more athletic than everyone else – and to top it off; they also play hard (not to mention that I think they have like 10 H.S. All-Americans on their team).

21 comments

• shailynn
    10 years ago
    That was just sad. Huggins has a bunch of jr college transfers going against all-star recruits that could at the minimum beat the Knicks in the nba. Nobody will stop them, the best thing WVU could have done last night is injure some Kentucky players to help notre dame have a better chance on Saturday night.

Gotta hand it to WVU, they never gave up even though after the first 4 minutes they knew they were screwed.

Huggings in possibly the coolest coach in college basketball right now. Certainly not the classiest, but he did a solid job through the season considering how small and scrappy that team was.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    WVU was not a good matchup.

WVU’s best attribute is their trapping defense – but I think the trapping defense works well if you are more athletic than the other team and you can sorta swarm them.

Kentucky is too athletic for the trap to work against them – they can go around it w/ their athleticism or over it w/ their length – I think a better way to play KY is to slow it down and make then execute in the half court (and I’m not saying that would work; just perhaps a better way to play them).
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    Oh WVU was a horrible match up! They lost to Baylor 3 times this year, another horrible match up. I follow the Big 12 very closely and WVU is fucked if any team has 2 good guards up front that can move the ball OR a lot of big men underneath, which Kentucky seems to have an endless supply of. Kentucky is amazing. Simple as that.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    It was quite the contrast to see John Calipari dressed in an expensive suit looking like he was straight out of the pages of GQ.

Then you have that fat slob Huggy Bear dressed in a track suit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^ LOL - yeah - I noticed that right away too - particularly b/c almost every coach these days wears a suit (they must have read the system :)).
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    Motorhead you left out the part of Huggy drinking vodka out of his water bottle. You'd think at 3 million a year someone would buy that fucker a suit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^ he probably hates to wear a suit b/c he's a fat lardass
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Calipari is a douche. He wins by 39 but doesn't clear his bench until the last 38 seconds and then tells them not to shoot. What a douche!!

Notre Dame and Wisconsin are excellent matchups to challenge KY. Can't wait to see . . .
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I think it would take a San Antonio Spurs NBA finals type of performance to beat Kentucky – i.e.:

+ you would def need excellent shooting in particular excellent 3-pt shooting (kinda like the Spurs in the finals where whomever was on the floor seemed to be able to shoot lights out – one or 2 guys shooting well would not do against KY b/c their great defense and athleticism will probably shut down one or 2 great shooters)

+ great passing in order to nullify KY’s athleticism – will be very difficult for any one opposing player to just be able to get their shot against KY’s defense – great passing and floor spacing is needed in order to beat KY’s athleticism and be able to get decent/open shots
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I'm a Big 10 guy and I think Wisconsin could beat UK. At least that's the way I have it my bracket. They were the best team I watched in the Big 10 this year. They commit very few turnovers and play good defense
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    Wisconsin is great.

I had Baylor in my final 4 after watching them mow down everyone in the big 12 tourney... And look what happened. I think I read 96% of all brackets entered online had Baylor winning first round.

Kentucky and Louisville would be a fun match up
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    Golden State can beat Kentucky
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Was really disappointed the Heels couldn't finish of Wisconsin last night but they played a pretty good game.

Part of me thinks Kentucky is gonna take it easily but there is still some stiff competition left particularly in Wisconsin and Duke. Notre Dame is capable as well.
  • azdd
    10 years ago
    What, no love for my Wildcats? Wisconsin has to get past TJ, Rondae, Zeus, Branson and the Stanimal first! BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    All the other teams seem to have one weakness or antoher (size; depth; speed/athleticism; etc) – Kentucky does not seem to really have any weaknesses.

Whenever they are talking about Kentucky and another team; it is always about what the other team needs to do – that says something right thur.

When I see Kentucky play; if feel like a varsity team playing against the junior-varsity team or perhaps more precisely a semi-pro team playing against amateurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAswVl_K…
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    One thing Kentucky needs to do is play against better competition. They are young and their strength of schedule this year could hurt them when and if it comes to crunch time in the final minutes. With a more experienced Arizona/Wisconsin/Duke team, their intestinal fortitude will get tested under crunch time, if they don't crack under the pressure. Calipari must hope that every game here on out is lopsided and they get out to an early lead and hold on to it.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I hope someone replays the Notre Dame Kentucky game, I was too busy to see most of it. Of course I would have enjoyed it more if kentucky didn't win by two.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    You, my wife and me!
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Wisconsin WILL beat the children at Kentucky. Don't be sad, the KY kids will go on to out-earn everyone else entering the NBA this year by a factor of 5.
    Oh yeah, Calipari is a douche!
  • how
    10 years ago
    Kentucky has been tested numerous times this season. Passed every test.
    Typically, when UK has been in trouble late in games, they have locked down and prevented the opponent from scoring in crunch-time. See, for example, what UK did at LSU. Or against Notre Dame, keeping the Irish to one made FG in the final 5+ minutes.
    Against ND, the Wildcats added another response: they made 9 out of 9 shots to close the game out in the final 12 minutes.
    That's not a bunch of scared youngsters. That's "clutch."
    Any one of the three other remaining teams could beat Kentucky. Just like several opponents so far could have beaten Kentucky. But so far, the Wildcats have gotten things done.
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    Me and the pension king got this one right. I was hoping Arizona but ended up rooting for Wisconsin. Nice victory and teamwork.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion