tuscl

What should I prepare myself for when My lady starts dancing?

We have dated for two years and she recently got in a financial jam. Instead of looking for a normal job, she waited till it was too late and then said she had no other coice but to dance. What should I expect with this new career choice?

2 comments

• FONDL
    20 years ago
    There are at least four issues that would concern me. First is the danger that she makes a lot of money, becomes used to spending a lot of money, and loses sight of the value of a buck. I know several ex-strippers who really struggled with this problem after they quit.

Second, she gets a big head from all the guys constantly hitting on her. This can go either way - either she really likes it and develops a need for that constant attention, or she comes to believe that all guys are only interested in sex and she gets to the point where she hates guys in general.

Third, it's a very dangerous occupation. She will be surrounded by weirdos, some of whom are likely to end up stalking her or worse. Every stripper I've ever known has had some realy horror stories.

Fourth, she discovers how much money can be made by selling sex and eventually takes it to the next step to make even more. Plenty of guys will try to convince her to do just that.

I'd try to talk her out of it if I were you. Even if it means that you take an extra job to help her with her problems.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Dragman,

Depending on your values you can pray she quits after her first night. I think the ball is in your court. I see dancers remain very good and kind people despite a truck load of abuse. So if she's a wonderful person now, then it wouldn't surprise me if she's a wonderful person after a few years of dancing. If your concerned about sexual contact, the best recommendation is buy some dances and see how far you can go with different dancers. It will be worth the price for your piece of mind.

A minority of dancers have told me they wouldn't have a boyfriend and dance at the same time. I remember this one dancer who wanted to have a real relationship with me. She understood when I told her that if she was my girlfriend her dancing days (except for me) were over and that I would use *brute force* to protect my interests if necessary. She said that was acceptable, but her main fear was finding new employment that would allow her to pay her bills.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion