tuscl

Who will win he Super Bowl this weekend?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I'd say if you're not from Seattle or Boston and not betting you could care less since both teams have a large selection of players/coaches that are annoying as fuck!

I'm going to go with Seattle although Deflategate could provide extra motivation for the Pats to prove themselves.

21 comments

• Josh43
    10 years ago
    *yawn*

...but hope that GoDaddy puts up some sexually-suggestive, raunchy-assed commercial that upsets everyone.
  • HungryGiraffe
    10 years ago
    Pats will win!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Godaddy already booted their puppy ad.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    BTW, the Hawks. If the 16-0 patsies (including a season ending win over the same Giants) couldn't beat the 10-6 Giants...
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    Disclaimer: I don't really like either team, but I'm picking the Seahawks simply because of the way they came back against Green Bay. Many teams that have made a miraculous comeback during the playoffs have won bigger playoff games. (Remember the 2012 season Ravens victory over the Broncos).
    Conversely, teams coming off a lopsided win don't always do so well in subsequent games. You can google a bunch of playoff games going back nearly 50 years, and see where this is so. I can recall the 1967 playoffs where the Cowboys beat the Browns 52-14 only to lose the NFL Championship game to the Packers on a last seconds QB sneak by Bart Starr. Meanwhile on the then AFL Championship game, the Raiders beat the Oilers by a lopsided 40-7, then lost to the Packers in Super Bowl 2. Those with more time on their hands than me can fill in some more examples of lopsided playoff victors not doing as well in subsequent games.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    Seahawks have a great QB for a cheap price. This lets them spend big money building up other parts of the team. Next year when they have to renew their QB it will be for a higher price and they will lose this advantage. This will be the last year of seahawks dominance.
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    49ers !!!!

Sea hawks 42
    New England 35
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Very insightful Clubber. I mean why would 59 out of 60 players and 8 years make for a different patriots team. Using your simplistic logic the yankees won the world series last year because they have won it the most.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    My fearless prediction: The team that scores the most points will win.

Yup, thank-you Captain Obvious! I think it will be the Patriots, but I hope the Seahawks do it.
  • warhawks
    10 years ago

I hope it ends in a tie. lol.

Don't really care who wins out of either of these teams. I'm just here for the beer and the strippers.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    @ Dukey...you think the 49ers will won? Lmfao you goofy shit
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ski,

TEAMS have "personalities" of the owners and coaches. That is why some franchises do well for long times with many different players. A prime example is my home team, the Dolphins.

Robbie and Shula, well you know their results. How many players were there over all those years? Since then, well, mostly an embarrassment.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    Can someone tell me how a deflated ball can help the quarterback of one team but not the opposing team?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    london,

Simple. Each team provides 12 balls. The balls are switched when the team goes on offense.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    Thanks for that Clubber. 12 balls each ???? Seems crazy to me.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    london,

Agreed. Sometimes two seems like a lot, especially when one "catches" a nut shot! :)
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Clubber: It's really not that extreme. Some balls end up damaged by striking objects such as metal camera car frames. Some balls are pulled out and saved for a player who as made a great play or a milestone play. Others are tossed into the stands or handed directly to a fan - usually a kid or an attractive girl (there used to be a $500 fine for this but it never slowed the practice). Finally, winning coaches usually award game balls to players after the game.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    Seattle. If they were playing in Boston I'd take the pats. But Arizona is likely to be more friendly to Seattle.
  • ididthisonce
    10 years ago
    We all will. Especially if they run the Charlotte McKinney burger ad!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Saw the egg test this evening. Two eggs in a microwave, one for the Hawks and one for the pats. Hawks crashed and burned.
  • HungryGiraffe
    10 years ago
    I was right! Pats are champs!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion