tuscl

Pugsley is Dead

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
You may not recognize the name - Ken Weatherwax - but if you're a Boomer you know the character he made famous. Pugsley Addsms. He passed away today. He was only 59.

https://variety.com/2014/tv/news/pugsley…

15 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    "Addams"
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    One of the top opening songs ever.

http://youtu.be/-3CH0tN515M

• Josh43
    10 years ago
    A little before my time, but I've loved watching the reruns over the years. They are hideous looking and have weird habits, but they are actually kind and tolerant people. Genuinely funny series.

By comparison, today we have Honey BooBoo. Also hideous looking, and even more disgusting as we get to know her family.

• Clubber
    10 years ago
    Never paid much attention to that show, but I do remember his name.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Was there an Addams Family movie out a long time ago with Christina Ricci as Wednesday? That's the only version that I know.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Lopaw-Yup. 2 of them. One with an MC Hammer jam. Best Thanksgiving scene ever. Wednesday is my #wcw.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    RIP, Ken. The Addams Family, like so many shows of the '60s, was a series for all ages and for the ages.

"Addams Family Values" was hilarious, too, especially the part with Wednesday trying to smile at summer camp. Loved it when that little blonde girl started screaming. "Make her stop! Make her stop!"

Last year, a traveling musical based on The Addams Family came to town. Wednesday had grown up, gone off to college, and there, she met the boy of her dreams -- a completely normal boy -- and planned on marrying him. Watching Lurch belt out a song had to be the highlight of the show, along with seeing Morticia's legs for the first time ever!
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Loved that show. Where I lived, they always had The Munsters first, followed by the Addams Family. It was always a fun hour of TV then. RIP Ken.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Yes, Christina Ricci played Wednesday in "The Addams Family" and "Addams Family Values." She looks a little different as an adult in "Black Snake Moan."
    http://s142.photobucket.com/user/dreadle…
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Hope the Pug Uglies didn't get him.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    When I hear Carolyn Jones, I'll always think of Morticia. But actually, she was somewhat of a movie star in the 50's. She played opposite some of the leading men of the day: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Anthony Quinn, and Kirk Douglas. She was even married to Aaron Spelling before he became rich and famous.
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    ^^^Interesting. Carolyn Jones had beautiful eyes.

Another great thing about the show: Gomez was a smooth dude, but he would never think about strip clubs or other women. He was completely devoted to Morticia and loved her to death. Gomez was a model for all us married guys...
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    RIP Pugsley. Classic show.
  • tobala
    10 years ago
    I loved the episodes where Gomez has the two model trains on a collision course and then blows up the track at the point of contact.R I P Pugsley
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I used to watch the show along with the munsters. I saw a lot of reruns.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion