tuscl

OT: Ferguson Related Riots to Hasten GLOBAL ECONOMIC DOOM

Just as predicted by Stevie-girl and The Economist global markets were already collapsing- prior to the ruling last night. This one should put an end to anything at all that was hanging in by even a thread and I expect that we will see total free fall of everything today (although I'll wait for stevie-girl to posts the results of her one to two minute a day google search of headlines to confirm).

What areas besides Ferguson had sympathy protests and/or riots? So far I'm hearing about Seattle and NYC.

What we'll have now is GLOBALLY ACCELERATED ECONOMIC DOOM!

It's all over! It's all over! Because stevie-girl said so.

"Blood on the streets in the town of Chicago" (ob lyric quote)

13 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Absolutely DOOMED!
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Fuck
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Shit
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Boom
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Absolutely DOOMED!

Because Stevie-girl said so.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    DOOMED!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    This event had no effect on the market.
    You did see some people protesting outside the white house after Obama spoke out against criminal activity. Some people see racism everywhere. I do not. I think the police would shoot anyone regardless of color if you were punching them and then got your hand on his gun holster. I know I felt threatened on one stop by the police. My local police look like a military swat team. In fact their guns look really big too. On the bright side the local police responded to an accidental 911 phone call in under 2 minutes and have caught bank robbers who ended up here who were not caught anywhere else on South Carolina.

On the downside is what I mentioned plus they arrest teenagers and parents if they have only a private party with underage drinkers. It's like they have eyes and ears everywhere except when I see people running red lights, they seem to be gone.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I thought I heard about the local police arresting some senior citizens playing a private game of poker. Illegal gambling even though only $3 or $4 was bet.
    I read in South Carolina, any game with dice is illegal. I'd hate to get arrested for playing Monopoly. There are a bunch of stupid laws on the books that shouldn't be there in my opinion.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    No Sharkey no. And I speak from super experience. Non-white growing up in a mostly white area with white friends. Can't tell you how many times I was harassed standing next to my friends (who obviously were protesting my harassment). Differences always plays a factor in treatment. I think blacks/browns in the US coming from a long history/culture of poverty and second class status (blacks only really got popular in the 90's and apparently SC will never be the same) make it easy for authorities to treat them a bit harsher than the middle class white counter parts. And People tend to be more forgiving with the familiar. Even on the job I'm flabbergasted by the low expectations people have of me, and goddammit if I'm not articulate. So ya racism is complicated, and ghetto peeps don't help the cause either

But in another 20 years nobody will really remember racism, by then classism should be in full effect ( like God and country intended)
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    ^^^
    Shark my brother, I think you miss a big point when you say "...police would shoot anyone regardless of color if you were punching them..."

True, but there are a lot of people in Ferguson (and elsewhere) who don't believe Brown was punching the police officer. Those people believe Brown had his hands up and just got shot. Or -- at the very least -- they believe Brown may have had his hands up and just got shot. And the criminal justice system wouldn't even put Wilson, the dude they believe to be guilty of murder, on trial.
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    "True, but there are a lot of people in Ferguson (and elsewhere) who don't believe Brown was punching the police officer."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It would sure have a lot more sympathy for Wilson if he had some "real" bruises on his face. Here's an image of Wilson taken in the hospital after the incident:

http://tinyurl.com/ptrkuob
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Absolutely DOOMED! Because Stevie-girl said so!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion