tuscl

Do you have a friend like This?

Me and a friend of mine went to a club last night. It is one of the clubs we usually go to although it's been a while since we have been there. Futhermore, my friend Eric seems to not know that there is a thin line between being a gentleman and being stupid. During the time he was there he bought 2 of the dancers flowers, numerous drinks and the biggest letdown of all he gave his jacket to one of the dancers. 2 of the girls had been wearing most of the time that we were there. One of them had mentioned that they like the jacket and he proceeds to take it off and give it to them. I told him not to let them have it and he responded by saying it was given to him anyway by his brother. I don't blame the dancers because they didn't ask for it he took it upon himself to let them have it. Eric is kind of slow when it comes to rationalizing things. I can just see those 2girls talking about him in the dressing room of how crazy he was to give them his jacket.

7 comments

• Jpac73
    20 years ago
    Casualguy I doubt he will ever tell his brother about the jacket. Futhermore these girls were not classy women. One of them was only 18yearsold and was talking about she might have to go to jail the next day for unpaid speeding tickets. The other girl was probably in her late 20's and she was actually on her cell phone talking to her brother who is in prison. So they weren't angels by any means.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I should add it's a bad idea, very bad idea to spend money you can't afford to and to give away things you can't afford to replace. Just my opinion though.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    The other brother may be angry unless he's as understanding or as giving as the guy who gave away the jacket. (Might be a good time to think of a good story.)

I didn't even give my CD to this one dancer who said she liked it while we riding somewhere in my car. I was glad I still had it later (because she talked about borrowing it for awhile) after I got into a disagreement with her. Actually I broke things off with her and since she didn't have anything of mine, that made it simple. I imagine most dancers would think of someone as either rich or gullible if they freely give that easily. I imagine they'll call him the sweetest thing and being very nice and all but still think of him as gullible or naive.
  • parodyman-->
    20 years ago
    Was it a leather motorcycle jacket with all kinds of metal studs on it? If so better your friend gave it away than have it stolen from him by R.L. who is a known bad ass!
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago

That does sound like a potential problem, but dancers are known to prefer jobless men as well as CRIMINALS (Source: RomanticLover). And, not every one cares about blood relatives. And, if the jacket buys him a hot wealthy dancer I'm sure his brother will consider it a brilliant trade. :)

• Jpac73
    20 years ago
    Kyle the guy is unemployed. He got in his refund check the other day and it just seems like he was blowing it in the club and the worst part about it he wasn't getting anything in return but thankyou's. I just think he is delusional into thinking if he is a real nice guy and buys stuff he will become friends with them OTC. Those 2dancers did write down their name and number(I don't know if it was fake or not) but even if the digits are legit they just gave it to him because they think he will throw more money at them OTC. Heck they might not even answer the phone which know happened to another guy I work with whom tried to talk to this Hooter's girl. I would never give away something personal of mine to a stranger especially if a "blood" relative gave it to me as a gift.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I think it is adorable. :) My main concern is that he doesn't sound fiscally responsible, which is probably over rated.

Believe it or not many dancers are real people who are not interested only in $. I can't say I've ever seen or heard of a dancer being attracted to a nice guy. Well some people consider me a nice guy, which shows yet again one person's sweets are another person's poisons.

Besides embarrassing you and falling in love (a risk even with non-dancers) where is the real harm?

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion