Shot Girl Part 2,847 ...

UGH! I said no politely about 10 times today. Finally shot girl asks "Can I have a $1?" I remained polite and said no, but my brain was thinking shot girl will one day drive me out of strip clubs forever. [Maybe it's a sign I should heed, perhaps sooner rather than later?!?]

Anyone have suitable recommendations for alternatives to strip clubs? Maybe I should be looking into them ...

9 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    "drive me out of strip clubs forever." <p>

That's crazy talk, man. <p>

alternatives to strip clubs? <p>

Strips clubs remain the "sweet spot" for me, "naughty" fun without too much downside risk if exposed (just a "guy thing", etc.)
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    The only shot girls I can remember were pretty cool. One at Columbus Gold years ago would do the BJ thing with the shot tube. Pretty sexy actually as she got the whole thing down.

The other was at Dreamgirls in columbus and we ended up just sitting a talking for awhile. She was hot and didn't bug me to buy shots.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I should've stated the locale (which is Detroit). In Detroit the shot girl hustles shots ONLY. No extra show, dance, etc., which I know clubs (like in Milwaukee) offer as a part of the deal. Further, Detroit shot girls swing into action anytime a dancer sits down with you. They ask do you want one? One for the dancer? Buy me one? etc. The situation I mentioned above finally went one step further, to outright asking/(begging?) for a $1. It was a buzzkill.

But a Detroit club takes time. Extras are usually available, and I do sometimes partake, but have to meet the gal, make inquiries, negotiate, etc. The clubs all have multiple TVs, showing at least what cable offers (don't know about PPVs.) So that encourages hanging out, yet the staff wants a customer to buy drinks, drinks, and drinks. I am not attached to alcohol in the least.

In contrast, I patronized a regular sports bar/nightclub (they have a dance floor and DJ area -- which of course is empty during the day) my 3 days in town for lunch each day? Why? Because they had banners hanging all about the place (exterior) advertising $2 lunches. May sound dubious, but once inside, one discovers they have 15 items on the $2 menu (which is available for purchase everyday (yes, all 7 days!) between 11am and 4pm. I tried a few different things before settling on the soft tacos as my go-to. 3 soft tacos for $2 with each being between the equivalent of 2 or 3 (depending on who makes them) Taco Bell tacos. So that and a $1.95 ice tea (free refills) came to a little over $4. I gave the server $7. [After the first visit, the second time she was waiting on me hand-and-foot!] Well fed, I then head off to a strip club where I get the exact opposite behavior from the service staff, and at a MUCH HIGHER price.
  • Otto22
    14 years ago
    CT-
    The shot girls at Bogart's used to pester me like crazy. Lately I just defuse the situation by thanking them for stopping by and giving them $1. Usually that is enough for them to leave me alone for the rest of the night.
  • dallas702
    14 years ago
    CT, try tearing a $5 in half and giving the small half of it to the 1st shot girl to hit you up. Tell her she gets the other half in X hours (how long are you staying) IF NO shot girls bother you! If she leaves you alone and keeps the others away it is probably worth it. If not, you (having the bigger half) still have a spendable $5.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Prim0, I remember a year ago at dreamgirls, Chrissy the shot girl was the hottest one in the club, even hotter than any dancer. I wonder what happened to her...
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Otto, I've actually been doing that for awhile with one of the waitresses at Bogart's. Last time in to Bogie's, it got me a big hug and kiss from her. Unfortunately, the club where my gripe isn't with Bogie's but rather Henry's North. Henry's North is struggling and it's probably somewhat due to their staff trying to extract money from their patrons no matter how few there are (which makes it more acute than Bogart's eventhough Bogie's does the same thing.)

Dallas, I like the idea, and for a high class club like Penthouse in Detroit it may be a good idea. But at a dive club like Henry's North, well ... I think the problem is they have too few customers because of the way they're treating them. I'd like to see them change their ways before I pony up larger amounts of dough.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    CT: Come to Western Canadian SCs if you want to avoid shooter girls. You may be a trifle disappointed with the action available however!!
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Art, doubt I'd be able to make it past Moose Jaw, Sask. Or if I did, I'm sure the Medicine Hat, Alb. clubs would consume me...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion