tuscl

Should all clubs do a criminal background check?

I know by law that all clubs are supposed to do a criminal background check on dancers that they hire but all of them don't. I think that doing this would eliminate the girls who are troublemakers who start fights with the other girls, steal money out of their lockers and even steal money from customers. I think most of the upscale clubs do some sort of background check but I doubt that the more "Ghetto" clubs do it. All they want to know is if you are comfortable dancing on stage. Hell in some cases you don't even have to have a nice body.

9 comments

• casualguy
    19 years ago
    Actually I might add, my coworker did more than just ask me to keep quiet. He said pick any girl and I'll pay for the dance. That was fine by me.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I remember going to one very small club where all the customers were dressed nice knowing that they did have a dress code. To my surprise I ran into someone I knew at work who always acted like he was into religious bible studies and that sort of thing. He introduced me to some of his "friends." He told me this one guy is the son of the mafia leader for the county we lived in at that time. I was thinking, ok now, I better be on good behavior. I didn't even know there was a mafia where I lived but I knew I kept hearing a about a high profile murder about every month. I don't know if those murders had anything to do with the mafia but then again I didn't want to. The dress code at that club sure didn't keep out potential criminals. My coworker then asked me not to tell anyone that his friends dragged him along to the club.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    I made the mistake of visiting a club in Detroit where it was clear, as soon as I got inside, that criminal background checks should have been done on all of the customers.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I overheard one or two clubs in South Carolina now do visual criminal background checks on customers. If you look like RL or otherwise like a bad ass criminal, your dress code is wrong and they won't admit you. I'm serious when I heard the dress code is business casual. I was wearing shorts and a collar shirt and didn't have any problem though.
  • baddy
    19 years ago
    I can't believe most clubs would do a background check on dancers, that would eliminate the majority of potential employees I would think. Now running background checks on other staffers maybe, but that would be a bit hypocritical since they need to be able to trust a dancer to honostly tip out just like they need to trust a guy to take money at the cash register honestly. Maybe the upscale clubs only do this?
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    I ran a background check on our buddy RL. The results were... "He is a SMOOTH CRIMINAL who is not afraid to brandish his SWITCHBLADE or toss FIVE DOLLARS around like it were chump change." This is a direct quote from Chief O'Hare in Gotham City.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    Of course, who's to say they aren't using some sort of alias on the id card they use to get hired? They use fake names on stage, they might as well do it off stage as well.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    One club I've visited does a COMPLETE background check, including a criminal background, as well as a drug test. So far, no dancers have been hired.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Yup, proof of age, that's it. I've never heard of any club doing criminal background checks on dancers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion