tuscl

Orlando illego strip club busted.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —
Orange County investigators are working to track down at least one drug dealer and as many as 30 strippers after busting an illegal strip club operation late Thursday night.

The Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation found out through a Crimeline tip that the operation was running out of Los Compaz Bar and Grille on Oak Ridge Road.

In video released by authorities, some of the dancers were working on top of the bar and were fully nude.

Investigators said there were at least 30 strippers working there at all hours of the night into the early morning hours.

“It was a full alcohol and a full strip nudity club that opened throughout the night, way past the 2 a.m. hour that most bars are open,” said Lt. Mike Gibson with the MBI.

WFTV found out the owner, Steven Gonzalez, has no liquor license and was arrested during the bust.

He was caught with 15 grams of cocaine and a 9-mm handgun in his car, according to investigators.

Authorities said the business would also serve as a hub for open drug deals. Undercover officers said cocaine, marijuana and heroin were being sold.

“We did buy heroin on one occasion, but primarily the open drug sales were marijuana and cocaine,” Gibson said. “They would probably put 50 or 60 people inside the club. Cars would be jam packed throughout the parking lot.”

Investigators are looking for other dealers who would work inside, and the women who kept customers packing the business every weekend.

“That atmosphere, the heavy drug sales, the illegal alcohol sales, the illegal strip club—that bring an element that is very dangerous to the community,” Gibson said. “Drug dealers who we have identified will be arrested in the future.”

Gonzalez is facing multiple drug charges, including felony cocaine possession with intent to sell.

Since the illegal business was operating 500 feet from a high school, he could end up facing additional charges

10 comments

• samsung1
    10 years ago
    I can't find this club on tuscl
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Most underground/illegal clubs are not going to be on TUSCL – it’s often a word of mouth thing and most that frequent these clubs understand that.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    "I can't find this club on tuscl"

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks I needed that especially after this week.

Sounds like a great business model, as long as you can keep the undercover cops out. I'd squash the thug elect quickly by frisking patrons and having some huge bouncers. Just hope the VIP rooms had curtains because I'm sure there was a lot more going on than just lap dances!
  • Lookin_for_wet
    10 years ago
    I was in Orlando last month and my hotel was rite by this place, why tf didnt i know about this!
  • Electronman
    10 years ago
    The existence of an underground strip club in Orlando does not surprise me. The Disney political muscle seems to have a strangle hold on the strip club scene in Orlando. Next thing you know, the dancers will be required to air brush off any signs of nipples and vaginas and dance to music from the Little Mermaid.

Fortunately, Tampa and Cocoa Beach have decent strip club scenes and they are within driving distance of the Magic Kingdom.

I could do without the drug dealing at the underground club but I would have certainly enjoyed a visit to an all nude club during my trips to Orlando.
  • Pole_Doc
    10 years ago
    I was in Orlando, just this past spring (review soon to follow). I don't even know why the legit clubs even bother remaining open. I agree with @Electronman. The sc scene in Orlando sucks (no fun there).

That being said, what balls, huh? To even think about doing something like this, knowing how ridiculously strict the authorities are, is pretty brazen.

I love it!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I'd love to go to a club made out of Legos.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    M-I-C

K-E-Y

Mouse
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Some say it's a nuisance to the community but obviously there is great demand in the area. I can understand restricting drug use but they should allow grown adults to dance nude in clubs if they want to. I guess authorities or Disney are super powerful in the area and are prudes or worry about their reputation in a prudish nation.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I feel much safer knowing that the police have put an end to such dangerous elements in Orlando society.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion