tuscl

OT: got stuff to sell? Screw Ebay. Use Face Book

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I'm preparing to downsize homes and had a lot things I wanted to get rid of. My daughter took photos of all of it and posted it on Face Book. within a week I sold:

1) Broyhill 9 piece dinning room set
2) 2 double beds
3) 1 twin bed
4) 3 dressers with mirrors
5) 2 chest of drawers
6) 3 night tables with lamps
7) small desk with chair
8) papason chair & end table
9) 2 sets of window curtains
10) 18 wall pictures

Just 4 customers and I collected $1200 all in cash. The strippers were happy this week.

13 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    "18 wall pictures"

Half the collection of "Dogs Playing Poker"?

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    How does one sell household items on Facebook?
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    My kid used Facebook to sell some furniture when he finished school, sold everything in 24 hours - but I don't know the detailed how

I had suggested Craigslist (just glad I didn't slip up & suggest Backpage, lol)
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @shadow - eBay? Facebook? You realize your post is just going to confuse farmerart more than ever, right?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I always thought that an Asian pimp would sit in a papason chair.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I threw out my papasan chair with my lava lamp, my hackysack, my Oregon Trail floppy disk, and my lime green polyester leisure suit.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    How much did you get for your soul?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Club_goer - There are specific groups you can join. This was a Fayette county: buy, sell, trade group.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Moto-Oregon Trail! I hated that game. Probably why I was late on the computer/Internet revolution.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    How much did you get for Clubber?
  • ime
    10 years ago
    @slick did you hate because you always died of Typhoid or Cholera, after getting dysentery about three times.

That is all I remember of that game and playing it on stone age computers in middle school, getting sick and dying.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @IME-Exactly! That game wasn't fun at all. Green screen, ahhhhhhhh!
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Really? We always fought over Oregon Trail in school. It was more fun than the Math game they made us play.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion