tuscl

Off Topic Vent

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Off topic....well maybe not really since it deals with money and as they say - cash in king in strip clubs.

It doesn't matter what kind of work you're in - but are you getting as frustrated as I am about eroding profit margins. I'm getting sick of having to cut margins to meet the competition who apparently just want to give stuff away.

6 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Hey I saw what deregulation did to the air line industry. Now the low cost carriers are offering prices at rock bottom. Everybody else has to match or lose the business. Then the public bitches about the service. Can't have it both ways.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    motorhead, I am at YUL waiting for my flight to YYC to be called.

To your topic, I really disagree with your assertion. I am in the midst of selling the oil E&P part of my company. I will be making more profit on this deal (which represents 3+ years of my life) than I did on the deal selling my first company (which represented 43 years of my life). Companies from which I buy products or services are all making juicy profits. My employees are being paid obscene wages.

All is good in my industry in my part of the world.

Keep on buying gasoline for your cars and nat gas for your houses, y'all.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Say what you do and do what you say.Then they tell two people and they tell two people and they tell two people.I write my own tickets.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Per FA – I guess it depends what kind of biz one is in.

Current technologies seem to be handing quite a disruptive punch to many long-standing established companies - consumers think it’s great – providers maybe not so – seems we are in a “buyer’s market” era.

Sounds a bit like the dancers over on SW complaining how things are not the way they used to be (in terms of making $$$).
    (Sorry for the shot :))
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Bottom line, the free market beats every thing else that's been tried. Successful companies/businesses find a way to make or do something others are willing to pay for. Doesn't get much simpler. Now if one can do the same at a less expensive cost and sell at a lower price, must have a better business model.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Clubber is right. Sell the same thing that everyone else has, your profit margin will be lower. Sell something that is better than everyone else and you will make out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion