tuscl

Canadians take their ice hockey seriously.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
The Canadian men's hockey team picked off the USA in semi-final action in Sochi on Friday and Calgarians will be able to watch the gold medal match against Sweden at a number of watering holes around the city on Sunday.

Before Friday's game, 13 local, licenced establishments had applied to open their doors early so people could watch the game.

That number grew to 26, just hours after Canada's win over the United States, and more are expected to follow suit.

Bars allowed to open at 5 a.m. for gold medal hockey game

Nearly all bars in Sask. allowed to open early for gold medal hockey game

Currently, licenced establishments in the province can start serving alcohol at 10:00 a.m. and many bar owners applied to tap the kegs a little earlier for fans.

The ALCG is relaxing the rules to accommodate that request and has decided that those establishments that already have a licence to serve at 10:00 can start pouring as early as 5:00 a.m. on Sunday.

5 comments

• jackslash
    11 years ago
    Canada is quaint.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Damn right we take hockey seriously. I am awake at 3:45AM(MST) in eager anticipation of the gold medal game with Sweden that starts in about 1 hour.

The li'l ol' watering hole in town is opening at 4:30AM for the game. After the debauched fiasco at the old joint on Friday after beating USA I am staying away from that place today. I slept on the shuffleboard in the tavern on Friday night, for cripes' sakes!

None of that shit for me today.....back to work in the Calgary office 6:00AM tomorrow with a clear head.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Toronto's bars are to open at seven.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    So, art, what you're saying is that you're not a *real* hockey fan, right?

:)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I guess nobody got to play any shuffleboard. I wonder if they shuffled away.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion