tuscl

OT. Which foreign county do you live in?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

22 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Good idea for an article but, WTF? No idea how they choose the nations they did.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Oh there are explanations. Still pretty tenuous and bizarre for most.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Yeah. I certainly thought that the state and country of Georgia had a lot in common.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    sc- BUT- How much is the per capita number of Waffle Houses in Italy, or the per capita number of KFC's in France. How many Pure Platinum clubs does North Korea have? A fun silly read there- you must be bored in retirement..
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    Arizona being like Iraq is pretty much on the money and Joe Arpaio is like Saddam Hussein.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Florida = Vietnam
    Common Bond: Danger of Rising Sea Levels
    Florida and Vietnam may seem like an unlikely pairing, but each is a land of swaying palms and questionable elections, and both will be severely impacted by global warming. Of any U.S. state, rising sea levels pose the greatest danger to low-lying Florida. Vietnam would be the most-impacted country in the world from rising sea levels. …”

Just as a geographical/historical aside – Florida was originally a Spanish colony and translated means “flowerily” (“Flor = Flower)

I actually found the article fun & informative – but then again I’m a PLERD :)
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Interesting, but definitely weird. I thought at first it was based off the largest ethnic group in each state. Lol!
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    The supposed connections are often lame or ridiculous. Michigan is like Panama because "Michigan and Panama share one odd thing in common—they each are home to a city called Colon." WTF? I had never heard of Colon, MI, and so I had to look it up. It is a small village, not a city.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Ethics in state government is pretty low on the list of concerns for the people of South Carolina. Maybe it should be higher if someone is going to compare SC to North Korea. Either that or the people who put the list together are democratic.

South Carolina could use better ethics in state government. I know of a case where local town council members paid themselves money for frivolous things or things they thought they should get money for totalling up to several thousands of dollars each year per person for several years. What did the state ethics commission do? Swept it all under the rug and said that's it, investigation over with. If they had worked for a business, they would have been arrested and charged with theft.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Meant to say democrats not democratic.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    In no way am I friends with Dennis Rodman nor is the governor that I know of. North Korea does not equal South Carolina.

Ethics in North Korea is a joke. At least here in South Carolina they talk about it before sweeping it all under the rug.

Also we have trials before executing people. Maybe I should run for governor and tell the leader of North Korea how he could improve his ethics.

• Clubber
    11 years ago
    Papi,

Couldn't get much better! Florida with an Asian counterpart. I'll take it. One of my best friends at work is Vietnamese. A good guy. I know he has a sister, but won't let me near her. :(
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    California = India.

Weird is an understatement.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    lopaw,

Entertainment / Inequality

Pretty much sums up CA. I see no problem with the latter. many people my age may it just fine without any of the "help" given these days. All it took was fortitude and work.

Holly and Bolly. Can't say I'd consider the two equal, but then I'm not an Indian. :)
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    I initially agreed with Jackslash that some connections are weak. But then I saw New York and North Korea, and I think that they may be on to something!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Damn, those Alaskans are some sick fucks.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Wife and I already own beachfront on the pacific coast of Costa Rica, where we will retire. Deal with the locals? All set. Yo no hablo espanol senor. Yo lo siento mucho.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Damn, I never knew I was south korean lol. Me and my friend have more in common than we thought.
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    Love the Wisconsin connection !!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Insane in the membrane.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    All I do is smoke weed here in Jamaica!
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I think they should have used modern democratic countries to compare with the American states. You yanks may complain about your nation, but in a lot of those comparisons I'd rather be in the US then the sh*t hole nation they matched it with.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion